Slips coccidia and pinworm treatment???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If she is just barely showing any symptoms like coughing, gaping, heavy breathing and excess saliva around her mouth, she may get over it quickly, if she actually even has one. Can you post a video of her breathing when you are petting her ? By the way, she will need to be in her tank most of the day [ unless you take her out in the warm sun ] to keep her warm, you don't want her to get chilled. Keep her night temp. around 77-80 also. Use a ceramic heat emitter which provides heat but no light to disturb her sleep.

Some vets would only put her on 1 week of Baytril, to me 3 weeks sounds excessive. At least she is a big girl and still eating for now. Some people also use Reptaid [ www.reptaid.com ] and claim good results but I don't really know much about it. You might ask Google it or ask about it on the health forum here if anyone has used it.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your help and that's the thing shes not showing signs of any of that just the clicking thing only sometimes and also she does have her mouth open sometimes and I posted a video awhile back about the clicking it's still on YouTube titled bearded dragon making popping sound head bobb my user name is BGuknowme you can find the video there. She just has no energy it's hard to know if it's just from the meds from the parasites or what but I'm really worried she doesn't move just inn and out of hot zones in her enclosure.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
85583-1740515596.jpg
85583-1549627390.jpg
85583-86879479.jpg
this is what her day consists of poor girl makes me so sad she's my best friend I got her when I was at a low point in my life taking care of her made me get back on track she's my first animal that I baught myself and I feel now like I'm not helping her thanks so much for everyone's help it means a lot to me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know if this could be related to her tiredness but it's important to have the Reptisun uvb bulb shine from overhead. I see that yours is mounted on the side wall and she may not be getting much uvb from i, so see if you can adjust it. Be sure to take her out in the sun for half an hour every day if it's above 75. If it's 75, set her on your lap to keep her warm, if it's 80 you can put her on the ground and she'll be warm enough.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The uvb bulb is mounted on the back wall and her log let's her get within 8 inches of it here's a better picture.
85583-7930235672.jpg
85583-5469676931.jpg

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm not saying you ate wrong but I'm comfortable with the uvb setup she's never had a problem going to the bathroom and the xrays showed great structure and density

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I just watched the video, did she just do that when you pet her or at other times ? I don't think it''s a breathing thing, just that she had enough petting maybe. By the way, did ahe have more energy before you had her on the dewormer ? I think this is all related to the meds., and once she's off of them and you get her in the sun she will probably feel better .

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's been off the meds for 2 weeks just started on these new ones today.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, poor thing. She has been on too many antibiotics, agree with AHBD, that is not good at all as they are rough on the kidneys, liver, etc.

Doesn't seem like there is any breathing problem, not in the video anyway. She didn't seem like she liked having her stomach pushed like that, maybe I am wrong though.

What was her activity level like before she was started on all the meds?

Hard to see exactly how your UVB is mounted. The rays should be pointing down rather than out, is that the way you have it?

Hope you decide not to give her the meds for 3 more weeks as it is obvious that it is taking its toll on her and it is showing in her eyes. Hope she can feel better very soon.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thank you guys for all the advice I really appreciate you taking the time and concern to help me with slip. One thing I believe that the uvb is fine I'm not sure why you guys think there's a problem with how by its mounted I was told on this site that mounting it in the enclosure like that would be a lot better than having it by on top of a screen outside the enclosure so I mounted it inside and when she climbs on her rock she is in direct line with the uvb rays I'll show you in this picture. And I agree with you on the antibiotics but she just had 2 and a half weeks off of them, she has lost no weight, her appetite is the same which is eats salad everyday and worms/bugs a couple times a week. The vet told me that her bone structure looks good and strong she's not dehydrated she's not in any kind of pain but maybe discomfort from the meds I've had her on bena bac for a month now and it seems to be working a bit, today when I woke up she was in an upright strong posture soaking in the heat and then she went to her usual bathroom spot and went and today it was not very runny it held it's form the urate white and then she moved back to her basking spot. If these meds don't show improvement within a week or so I'm taking her off them and at that point see where to go but like I said when I get the blood work back we will know more.
85583-3851902140.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good that she seems to be feeling a bit better today, she may now just be getting over the sluggishness from the meds.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update...... Sliptornavich had a really good day today! She ate great and looked very alert I put a hornworm about 7 feet from her and she ran over and swiped it up. Her blood work came back yesterday and only thing that was wrong was dehydrated by .3 above recommended number. Finished her treatment with the ponzuril last night hopefully things keep getting better thanks for all your positive beardie thoughts!! I will keep you all updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom