Slightly Annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Can anyone give me a valid reason people jump into breeding dragons without doing their research first?

I believe anyone wanting to breed animals should do their research and take care of the animals themselves before ever considering to breed them. I'm just wondering if I am the only one that feels this way. It's not exactly like a teenager getting pregnant on "accident", I kinda understand that at least! (No kids here btw) What I don't understand is knowingly breeding pets without knowing what the heck to do!

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry, It just aggravates me. I have alot of different types of pets. Every pet I own, I did at least a month of research on before I bought it. I just don't want to see animals suffer. I can't understand why these things happen. $$ is an issue that I know of. They think, "Yea Ima make some bank off those things!"

I doubt breeders actually make a ton of money off their babies. They still have to feed and care for them until they are old enough to be sold. And we all know how much babies of any species can eat!

Gail

BD.org Addict
No need to be sorry, it aggravates me too. So many people come on here with no idea if they even have properly sexed dragons, no idea how to incubate eggs or that dragons even lay more then one clutch. All they know is you can sell babies and make money.
Good breeders don't make a lot of money since they put a lot into raising/caring for babies. Then you have the *****s who stuff a whole clutch into a 10 gallon take, feed them mealworms, raise them for 1-2 weeks then wholesale them in groups. The money put into them is very little and even sold cheap, multiple clutches will make them a nice profit.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Which is part of the reason I have a 3 armed undersized rescue at home now! I don't mind rehabilitating the little guy, but he never should have ended up that way!

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
As a kid, I bred all kinds of animals: parakeets, green anoles, betta fish...I did my research, but I was a kid and I wasn't always successful nor was I necessarily providing the ultimate or even correct care for the animals I housed and cared for. You live and learn. The difference between responsible and irresponsible ownership IMO has more to do with effort than what you get right.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AllanonsWrath":31kxhz0r said:
Which is part of the reason I have a 3 armed undersized rescue at home now! I don't mind rehabilitating the little guy, but he never should have ended up that way!

Heh I guess it'd be a 3 legged, undersized rescue.

AtlasStrike":31kxhz0r said:
As a kid, I bred all kinds of animals: parakeets, green anoles, betta fish...I did my research, but I was a kid and I wasn't always successful nor was I necessarily providing the ultimate or even correct care for the animals I housed and cared for. You live and learn. The difference between responsible and irresponsible ownership IMO has more to do with effort than what you get right.

I agree to a point. Responsible owners or breeders will make corrections as necessary to keep the animals in a good safe environment. There should never be a time that they do not do their research and have the best set up they can have when they start though. Learning and correcting minor mistakes on your own is fine, don't ever throw together two animals and try to figure it out as you go though. Not trying to be disagreeable, just putting my view out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom