Slight kink in the tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Our 5.5 month old girl has a slight kink in her tail about an inch from the end. I don't remember seeing it until the last 3-4 weeks. I don't think she has been injured at all, it doesn't bother her to have it touched, and she is getting proper calcium and lighting. Can this just happen sometimes?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of UVB lighting are you using? Can you post a picture of the tail?
Yes, sometimes, their tails can develop a small or slight kink in them for no apparent reason. :D
Are you supplementing calcium 5 times per week?

Tracie

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Reptisun 10 (a bit over 4 month old) and yep - calcium 5 days a week

I'll try to get a picture in the next day.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
huh. the lighting sounds good, wat about the heat lamp ur usin? o-goncha has a tiny dark little kink at the tip of her tail, but an inch from the tip?do u feed spinach and stuff like that?

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has a 75 watt basking lamp and then another heat (ceramic) emitter - though the emitter is off right now because it is so warm. Her typical diet is as much crickets as she wants, some phoenix worms daily, and usually mustard/collard greens as her main veggie with others sprinkled in for fun :)

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
If the UV is fine then it is simply they developed it or I actually had one that developed a kink in his tail from breaking it and I have noticed as he has grown the tail has been growing straighter. Sometimes Beardies also loose part of there tail for no apparent reason. I have an old water dragon who I noticed is missing half a toe he never had retained sheds or been kept in low humidity never had constricted skin around the toes but the tip of one toe is simply missing.

Never seen his toe hurt or anything and he has no cage mates but anyway I say for being almost 9 years old he is doing pretty good. If a bit of a missing toe tip is the worst that happens to him in his life time he has done well. Now if there is twitching I would worry since if a tail is bent from MBD twitching will come with it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom