Sleepy Kazi... 'Sneaky snoozer'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Kazi is a very sleepy boy. He is desperately trying to get in a quick nap before spring and I am doing everything to try to stop him. I have repositioned his furniture so he no longer has his favourite 'sneaky snooze spot' - he got very mad when I caught him in there. I took out his tree, coz it provided too much 'shade' and I moved everything which was a potential dark spot out into the open of the viv - so light would shine in no matter where he tried to hide (yes, I know, that was prob a bit mean.)

However, it isnt working. Today he perfected the art of making us 'think' he was awake. He spent most of the day on his little rock formation on the cool side - he hasnt sat on it for at least 4 months! I thought he was just in the mood to be 'cool' today, until I discovered that he was sleeping with his head facing away from us so we didnt realise what he was doing :eek:

I moved him to his basking spot and he climbed up on his log - his 'secondary' basking area. He sat there, head held high for a good 30 mins before I realised he had his eyes closed. I thought he was just blocking out the 'outside world' but when I found him, in exactly the same position almost 2 hours later, I realised, the little monster is just far too intelligent for his own good....

I think I am fighting a losing battle...

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jasper's Mom":69980 said:
at least while he's asleep he's not breaking anything!
I guess thats one way to look at it but i'm scared of him waking up and turning into a monster!!! The last six months of 'I want a woman' have been crazy - I dont want to 'ALLOW' him to get worse lol!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I feel your pain. :) I'm trying to keep Budo up right now. His enclosure now contains only his basking rock and his salad bowl. I don't care if he sleeps, I just care about him getting UV, cause when I adopted him last month he had mild MBD, and I am going to fight to keep that from coming back again.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Lol... im slowly starting to accept the fact that he will snooze whether I like it or not. Today during his free roam/lets climb all over everyone on the sofa, he climbed under my scarf and went out like a light. I had a very difficult time waking him up and getting him back to his viv where he huffed until he figured out he could snooze behind his basking rock and I wouldnt be able to get at him to wake him again!

O well.....

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
:) That's my favorite part about having a brumating dragon; he never snuggles when he's not brumating. He just climbed under my sweater and zonked. :love5: They can be pains in the butt, but they are so sweet!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
herpfreak":7c3e8 said:
:) That's my favorite part about having a brumating dragon; he never snuggles when he's not brumating. He just climbed under my sweater and zonked. :love5: They can be pains in the butt, but they are so sweet!

Ahhh I never thought of that.... now im seeing a good side - Kazi is very independent and basically just sees us as 'the faces that feed him and clean up his poop'. Now he sees us as potential resting spots!!! I think I might enjoy this sleepy thing now! lol!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The Kazi monster HATES the camera.... but I shall charge the camera and try to get some up to date pics tomoro! Hehe!

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom