Sleeping with the lights on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurhstaap

Juvie Member
I've noticed something rather weird about Sunset. o_O I've been reading all these posts from you guys and just about all of you say that beardies need pitch blackness to sleep and will be kept awake by lights.

Is it weird that this does not apply to Sunset? He seems able to go to sleep absolutely at will, regardless of the amount of light. For example, he is sound asleep right now on my shirt as I type this, despite the fact that (although I have turned his personal lights off) the room lights are still on at normal brightness. It isn't even CLOSE to dark in here, but he's absolutely sound asleep. I've noticed him do this at other times, too. He doesn't sleep excessively or anything... he just seems totally indifferent to the amount of light there is when he tries to sleep.

So is there some variation between beardies on this point? Does anyone else have a dragon that goes to sleep whenever it wants regardless of the lighting? Or is this a sign that I'm not putting him to bed early enough or something?

Christine1125

Hatchling Member
My Lloyd does the same thing. when he's ready for bed he'll just close his eyes and go to sleep regardless of the lights. I'm hoping this means he's just an easy sleeper :)

vampy

Juvie Member
teeny babies are often easily disturbed by light, but adults can sleep pretty much anywhere and any time they want, juvies somewhere in between. My bf brings his beardie out for afternoon naps sometimes, and as soon as she realises it's sleep time, she'll gape for a few minutes to cool down, then snuggle into the pillow next to him and go to sleep.

There are some who prefer to go to sleep in the dark, especially younger dragons, who can be 'tricked' by just putting a blanket over their heads if you take them out around bedtime, and others who really don't care where they sleep.

Bf's male decided to clamber around under his shelves and go to sleep in this position the other day:

zardoz by vampyyy, on Flickr

And last week I saw his baby asleep like this:

littlej by vampyyy, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom