Sleeping with mouth slightly open??

Status
Not open for further replies.

discojan

Juvie Member
Tonight, our big girl fell asleep with her mouth slightly open. It's about 70 in her viv, so it's definitely not too hot. Is this a normal thing or something we should be worried about? (She has never done it before--it's not a full gape, just a little cracked open). She is pooping and eating regularly, and is actually getting kind of big. She is 3.5 years old, and she eats mostly greens(Collard/mustard/turnip with occasional black or blue berry, squash, pumpkin, other treats now and then) and a few butterworms (10-15) or 1 -2 hornworms a week, but she is 50 grams heavier now than when we adopted her in August. She is 21.5 inches and hovering around 700 g; she used to weight 647g. Could the extra weight make it harder for her to breathe? As soon as it warms up outside, we plan to let her 'water jog/swim' in a kiddie pool to help her get more exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom