Slammed hand in door

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Charlie happened to get behind my bathroom door and I didn't realize it. I went to shut the door and either one of his fingers or multiple fingers got stuck partially in the crack and got shut in the door. He jumped back and freaked out and turned upside down for a second. He wouldn't even let me pick him up for a few seconds and hissed at me. 5 minutes later his beard is semi-black but nothing is swollen I wrapped some ice in a towel and put his hand on there. I'm so upset and worried right now :( Is there anything I can do for him? How will I know if it's broken? Should I keep him extra warm tonight or anything? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
First of all don't be too hard on yourself these things happen :D

I'm not a vet but I can tell you about my personal experience:

When my juvie was just a baby I dropped his hide on his longest back toe, I broke it and I broke the nail right off it was bleeding..I was so frusterated with myself I wanted to scream! So I got some reptiwound healing aid and started applying it twice a day (for the bloody area), His toe healed up just fine after the swelling went down you couldn't even tell ( well except for the missing nail) that I was a clutz and dropped the hide on him.

Basically I want to set your mind at ease as much as possible, Keep an eye out for excess swelling and pigment change (turning darker) as this could mean complications.

Oh and maybe set up his tank so he doesnt have to use it too much for climbing and such; only if you have to though don't want to change too mcuh on him.

Kalyn

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He isn't wincing when I touch it and is now running around and using it like normal, so I hope those are good signs. I'll keep an eye out for swelling. There's no blood or open wounds, thankfully. I feel so horrible right now, I know accidents happen but I still feel so guilty. I am giving him major cuddles right now and his beard is barely black anymore.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
By the way, thank you for the advice and quick reply. You made me feel a little better :)

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
I'd make it so he dosen't climb anything for a few days and keep a very close eye on him. It may just be sore or bruised. If it was broken I don't think he would be running around and there would be swelling.

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
That's good. I think he flipped over when it happened just out of shock. Poor baby. Just keep an eye on him for a little. I know a friend of mine accidentally stepped on his beardies tail, and his beardie wouldn't let him pick him up again for a week. Is yours still mad at you?

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nope, he forgave me! He gave me kisses and cuddles this morning like normal. I did give him some extra dubias as an "i'm sorry" though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom