Skinny on craig's list

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Thought I would check with ya'll first. The dragon on here looks malnourished and dehydrated. I am thinking about getting him since he's not too far. Let me know what ya'll think. Supposedly he is 17 inches long and they have him in a 36" wide, 18" deep, and 16" tall enclosure. I will copy their post for him as well as the pic.

"Sunfire bearded dragon $150

Hes 4 years old and we have been the only owners. He comes with the terrarium, logs, sand, and heat lamp. He eats carrots, green onions, lettuce, meal worms, and crickets. He has a good temperament and is healthy"

sunfire.jpg

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Hi Melissa,
He looks thin and I bet that he would love for you to buy/rescue him! I adopted little five year old Tazzie nine days ago and the nutritious food, UVB lighting and tons of TLC have made a world of difference. I would give you a "thumbs up" on adopting the cutie!

0 :Kat and Tazzie

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I totally agree! I say get him! :D

He does not look sick or stricken with MBD. I think what he needs is some good UVB and more nutrition in his diet. With all of that I believe you could have him looking so much better in no time!

Also...if this owner is hurting for money...you could probably talk them down on the price! :wink:

emilybortz

Hatchling Member
I like how they don't even mention a UV light :roll:
Yes! Adopt the cutie! :)
I love hearing rescue stories, and that little guy is going to LOVE you!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh he looks pretty nice. I bet you could fatten him up and have him in tip top shape in no time. Once he sheads i bet you would be amazed. In the picture you can see his forearms are pretty fat and his back legs dont look bad at all he just might need some good hydration and some good ole butternut squash! Toss the sand put some tile in and in no time his nails will be short too. id snatch him up in a heartbeat :D

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I sent him a message offering $100 because I have to get the UVB light and bulb. Plus, my mom said she would buy him if I can talk him down. She lives in Longview and I can drive that far to get him. I am looking at getting one in the For Free forum, but he would have to ship from NY. I think it's gonna be 50 bucks for the shipping so that my be too expensive for MY budget, but my mom said she would pay for the one in Longview as part of last years Xmas money I have left over.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
That's wonderful that your mother is going to help out! :D (Does this mean Mom loves beardies too? :D )

Please keep us posted and let us know the outcome!

We've got our fingers crossed for you!!!

tomboy1988

Juvie Member
I would agree that he's skinny but how could you say no to that face?! And yeah, I'm sure you could fatten him up with no problem. :)

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, mom's not a beardie fan, she still asks how reptiles can show love. But, she knows I loves just about anything that moves, as long as it isn't an insect. I am not fond of spiders or bugs...but here's to hoping :blob8:

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I finally talked him down to $130, looks like I'll be gettin a new beardie today. I am soooo excited! Wish me luck and I hope he's in good shape :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom