Size!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky13

Hello!

I wanted to ask your opinion. I bought our lovely bearded dragon from a local pet store and they said they were 3 months old but when I look up measurements I feel like she's younger. Since we got her she's been eating and shedding so she's growing! I measured her yesterday and she was 7 inches head to tail.

81628-851390590.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it's possible that she's 3 months old, but some stores really are guessing the age. A 3 month old average size is about 7-11", but may be slightly less or even more.

Rocky13

Original Poster
So really they can all range in size. The charts are an estimate. I'm sure they have growth spurts as well.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, their genetics, temperament + care from the breeder as well as overall health of the mother dragon all play a part.

Rocky13

Original Poster
I just talked to the place I bought her and the reptile guy said that they were 6 weeks when they get them so I don't know why the one girl mistakingly said 3 months. She is younger. Makes me feel better knowing that and that she is growing and shedding!

Hi.
I just want to know about the bathing the beardies.How often is it suppose to be done and for how long at a time?Luke warm water?Depth?Id guess the depth should be just enough for them to be partially in the water but ja,im not sure.Anything else you add would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom