Size does matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusmama

I don't want an aquarium because I don't want to have to remove the top to get to my beardie. Having said that while everything I've read says at least 48" long hab for adult beardie I can't find any terrariums that long unless I want one custom built or build it myself. Help?

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, I've never found front-door type vivs except for the really expensive custom jobs, home-made enclosures, and one other place.

www.glasscages.com sell front-sliding-door vivs in the larger sizes at pretty reasonable prices too.
I've bought 2 of the 48x18x17 tanks from them, and they've got even bigger ones available.

***IF you're in an area that they will deliver to, otherwise I'm sure regular shipping costs would destroy you.***

I'm sure there are other places that sell similar...look for actual aquarium shops, ones that build custom jobs.

Russell84

Hatchling Member
Wooden vivariums are much better than aquariums and terraniums for a bearded dragon setup. They retain the heat much better and they dont get confused by all that glass! Also they offer glass sliding doors at the front.

Buckmaster299

Hatchling Member
Not trying to hijack the thread, but where can I find out what size basking bulb to use for my crossfire viv? I"m looking to build one VERY soon and am having a hard time figuring out what wattage bulb to use.

as for the original question, size is important to an extent. most 40gal breeder tanks suffice and they are only 36"x18" i believe. The 4x2x2 are really nice though and like the other person said, wooden enclosures will hold heat better and I think they just look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom