Size and age question.....*edit* with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

njbeardie

I'm not sure how old my little guy is. I measured him and he is 7 3/4 inches long. Can you tell the age by the length? I'll have to post better pics, he looks much bigger in "person" he's a little chubber1 I love him to pieces....I see why beardie owners are called slaves! My husband is wondering when I'm going to show him so much attention!

007.jpg

this pic was taken after his bath time poop! TMI? LOL I feel so proud when he poops in the tub! me and my son have a drill set up for when he poops, i grab him out right away and onto the towel he goes and my son flushes! LOL
015.jpg

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
It would also depend on genetics, if the parents are small beardies then it's possible that your baby is older but could also be younger and just a big baby. Going by my notes of Whiskers when he was 5 mos old he was 14 3/4" long. Sophie was 13" at 3 mos. So, your 8" baby could be really young.

njbeardie

Original Poster
thank you for your replies......i posted some pics.
i got him from a pet shop ( i know, i know. frowned upon by most, but i truly had no idea that you could get them on the internet. and besides i love him, someone has to love petshop animals right?) and when i asked how old he was I got the "DUH" look!

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Going by the pic's I would guess that your baby is just that, just past hatchling if indeed he is past hatchling. He's definitely not a juvie yet. :D

njbeardie

Original Poster
so, my lil' guy is real young! can i sex him/her yet? i keep calling him/her a him. i wanna pick a name but I'm not sure.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
njbeardie":597c7 said:
so, my lil' guy is real young! can i sex him/her yet? i keep calling him/her a him. i wanna pick a name but I'm not sure.
Yes very young and really too young to get a correct sex.You can always pick something unisex so you dont have too change it.My newest beardie is a probable female but I named her Phoenix just in case since it isnt a gender based name.

danielbearded

Your dragon is very cute and a small one, and judging by the size he or him is probably 3-4 months old.
It´s great that some people loves therir reptiles and take care of them just like many people do with other pets like dogs or cats. Congratulations and saludos from mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom