SIX Beardies, 2 Iguanas, 2 Rottweilers, 2 Turtles, 2 Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I have not posted in a very long time but I miss the camaraderie of other Beardie lovers. I posted quite a bit in 2009 when I was lucky enough to rescue my first little Beardie "TAZZIE" (Rest in Peace my sweet little angel)

Some history.. I adopted TAZZIE, a very tiny, disabled and injured Beardie in June of 2009. She was blind in one eye and was paralyzed due to metabolic bone disease. She was a precious little Beardie who I was blessed to have in my life for over four years. Tazzie passed away in March of 2013 and my life has been forever changed. Tazzie was five when I adopted her so I find peace in the fact that she was SO loved for her last four years. Rest in Peace Little Tazzie. I miss you and your tiny little hugs! Then came Pumpkin, a gorgeous rescue who was as orange as a pumpkin!! He also had MBD but was able to live out the remainder of his life in comfort. He was very loved and enjoyed being hugged! (RIP - my Big Boy)

Well, two years ago, I received a phone call from a pet store manager stating that four baby Beardies had come to the pet store and three of the four sustained severe hand and arm injuries. I went to the pet store to find the little baby Beardies with swollen arms due to hand and arm bites. Two of the four were missing fingers and the third one had a severe bite at the wrist. All three injured Beardies were adopted immediately and went to our herpetologist/veterinarian. She cleaned the wounds and prescribed antibiotics which needed to be given using a hypodermic needle. They were all so tiny that I used a (cleaned out) toothpaste cap as the tiny cup to soak their hands! Courageous and feisty little Rainbow passed away on day three as his infection spread quickly throughout his arm and body. I was devastated :( The pet store manager gave me the healthy Beardie from the original "shipment" . So, the Beardie family was at three. (Opal, Prism and healthy Spectrum)

A few months passed and all three Beardies were happy and healthy. Missing digits on the hands does not impair mobility or cricket chasing! :lol:

Then I received a call from another local pet store. They had taken in a Beardie who was unable to use his back legs. He also had very weak front arms and was unable to chase crickets. He came home with me that day and was named Sparkle. He went for a visit to our special vet and was diagnosed with MBD. On a happy note, "Sparkle" is such a loving fellow!! I never imagined that he would let me hand feed him crickets but he does! He also loves his special slurry-type meals which he licks until not a drop remains. Sparkle appears to enjoy hanging out in a small camera case I wear around my neck. It was modified years ago for my paralyzed Beardie TAZZIE and I am thankful that I kept it in the closet after her passing. Sparkle is very curious about the work I do on the computer or how I water the plants.. Whatever task I do, he is interested :lol: (Beardie count= FOUR)

Two weeks pass and my neighbor calls me to tell me that her teenage son is more interested in girls than in his pet Beardie "Sinister". Well, Sinister comes home with me and is renamed "MOONBEAM". She is so loving and a creamy peach color. Sparkle fell in love with her immediately!! (Beardie Count=FIVE)

Yesterday, while at the pet store, the manager Chris asks me to look at :shock: a baby Beardie who has just returned from the veterinarian. Chris tells me that the baby Beardie's hand was crushed under a heavy water bowl by accident. When the employee checked the Beardies later in the day, the baby was stuck next to the water dish,, :angry5: Well, baby Beardie is being picked up tomorrow (Beardie Count= SIX)

I have not yet named our new family member and will post "adoption" pictures in the near future :wink:
Kat

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello Beardienatic,
Yes, I love all of my Beardies so much! As you know, each one has a unique personality!
Here is a picture of OPAL
full

as a baby.. Note her injured hand..

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello!
My new little baby is home and I named him/her Starfire!
While at the pet store, he sustained an injury to his left hand. He also has a skin tag/growth underneath his left eye. In my opinion, he is such a cute baby, very inquisitive and calm. I named him Starfire because he has beautiful orange markings on his back area near his "hips". I know that with the proper nutrition, great lighting and lots of love, he will be a magical and beautiful dragon, just like the story of the Ugly Duckling! :)

32593-7642623824.jpg

emilybortz

Hatchling Member
I think about Miss Tazzie often and did a board search for her, so I could see what's happened with her. I'm SO happy to hear that she enjoyed several more happy years with you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom