Silkworms from Mulberry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
So I was going to order Silkworms from Mulberry farms this morning. My question is this...If I order the cup of 500 small do I have to order the cup with chow? Or do I have to spend another 10$ on chow? A little confused. Thanks.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
There may not be enough chow in the containers with chow an it may dry out before you use up your worms. I usually keep a cup of premade chow in the frig just incase needed. For 26 days while silkies are worms they do nothing but eat and poop.

neecie

Juvie Member
I always buy the pod which has the food in it. On my first order I had them separate, and it just was a mess and didn't work out. Of course, if you're going for 500 you may have an more creative plan.

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok here is my confusion, I was going to order the 500 small size silkworms. Do I need to order the silkworm cup with premade chow (and does that have silkworms in it too) or just the 1/2lb of powdered silkworm chow? Thanks again, I just wish they said what you would need to keep them, etc. That or just sent you the worms in a container that they could live in instead of having to spend more money to keep them alive & feed them. Maybe I should just stick with PW's. :shock:

neecie

Juvie Member
Just my opinion to keep life simple. Get 2 pods with silkworms in w/chow. Medium is good, cuz small take time to grow and beardie could eat up the tiny ones in a flash. Also have phoenix and I just got some green hornworms from them (they grow fast, but can't give till worms get bigger or she'll polish off and be costing $$$.) I have butterworms in frig that I give about 5 a day...............they are the easiest and most appealing of all the worms -- but high fat - so I limit. As you see - I alternate worms and have the soaking wet salad available all day. My Sandy is 7 months old - very healthy and some say good size. She gets a bath every day and does poop in the water.

neecie

Juvie Member
Oh...........one more thing (cuz I'm a Mom). Be sure to read the directions on the bottom of the worm container about upside down and tipped. Good luck. Worms beat crickets -----------but I still get them from time to time for balance.

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok there is a spot that says, "1 silkworm cup with premade chow...9.99" Then you scroll down and it has all the different sizes you can order.."500 small silkworms...17.95", and even further down it has the chow.

So if I order 500 small silkworms do I need to order anything else? Do I need to order the cup with chow? Are they going to come in a cup that will sustain them or do they have to go into that cup with the premade chow? That is my confusion.

I feed my beardies crickets, PW's, and waxworms. I was just going to order them some silkworms for a change. And they get their salad everyday, with baths a couple times a week.

Thanks again.

neecie

Juvie Member
I get the pod with worms & chow in it. All you need to do is keep the pod upside down, tilted and in a fairly warm location. Let them grow to a bigger size, and then take out what you want to feed till all gone.
The 500 with separate chow is where the work begins........where to keep, chow is sticky like peanut butter, I couldn't grate it, worms were getting smashed, etc. etc. Maybe someone else can give you their experience.
As I said, hornworms work the same way - so my greenies in the pods should get bigger in 3-4 days.

neecie

Juvie Member
The Mulberry online order pages tell how many. I usually order several pods for a bit of savings.

LQDragons

Juvie Member
if you order a "pod" , it comes w/worms & chow. If you order 500 worms you will need to order chow also. The chow comes dry, or pre made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom