silkback

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebby757

Please do not say bad things about the fact that I have a silkie, I care a lot for him and he's normal as can be to me.

So, spud seems to be in CONSTANT shed. He is 6 or 7 months old or so I believe. I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's just because he is young and it takes longer for silkies to shed so it just APPEARS that he is always in shed? I have him at almost normal beardie temps, but I lotion him more frequently and make sure he is hydrated. I give him bathes 1-2 times a week,sometimes more if he's got a lot of shed and appears uncomfortable. I apply lotion every day to every other day depending on where he is in shedding.

I know that the lotion and bath thing is different for different people. Some people say more, some say less. I lotion him more often because I keep his temps a little higher and his skin seems to dry out faster ( if i dont lotion)

I have 3 other bearded dragons(not silkies),so please dont make me fill out that endless list of questions.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). I would try giving baths more often like 2-3 times a week. I know that mine needs a lot of baths to keep him hydrated and his skin from drying out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom