Sick.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Graphic warning: poop photo

Okay. Someone got to me on Facebook and said Sir Toofinius is sick because there's a lot of water in his poop and he was most likely gonna die since I was "ignoring it". Is this a sick poop.? He did eat a good bit of salad yesterday and I know the bugs he eats are high in water/moisture. It was his first one of the day, if that makes any difference to anything. He otherwise is okay, he's slowed down on eating because of winter/getting older but basks all day, runs around and acts like a psycho toward Nova and stuff.

Eta: I know, his tank is due for a cleaning today. In case anyone wonders, the brown thing is a mat from chewy and the blue thing is his fuzzy blankie, it hangs out of his fuzzy hammock because hims is a big ol' baby.😅

Attachments

• 20230107_090514.jpg
    20230107_090514.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 97

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
ALSO, I took him out to cuddle a few minutes ago and he did that muscle clench wiggle a few times, like he was pooping but this is all that came out. I have been giving him baby food pumpkin yesterday, but he'll only lick a little bit off his face. I'll smear it on the tip of his snout and he'll lick most of it off, he did that a few times but that's all he'll eat of it. He otherwise poops okay, i guess.? Is this little bit normal.?

Attachments

• 20230107_092357.jpg
    20230107_092357.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230107_092401.jpg
    20230107_092401.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 51

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Graphic warning: poop photo

Okay. Someone got to me on Facebook and said Sir Toofinius is sick because there's a lot of water in his poop and he was most likely gonna die since I was "ignoring it". Is this a sick poop.? He did eat a good bit of salad yesterday and I know the bugs he eats are high in water/moisture. It was his first one of the day, if that makes any difference to anything. He otherwise is okay, he's slowed down on eating because of winter/getting older but basks all day, runs around and acts like a psycho toward Nova and stuff.

Eta: I know, his tank is due for a cleaning today. In case anyone wonders, the brown thing is a mat from chewy and the blue thing is his fuzzy blankie, it hangs out of his fuzzy hammock because hims is a big ol' baby.😅
People on FB need to get another life----- your dragons poop is good -- hes not sick unless hes sporting a black beard not eating and being lethargic---- I am not exactly sure what the gelatin looking stuff is but hes got good formed poop moist and the urate as well --

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
People on FB need to get another life----- your dragons poop is good -- hes not sick unless hes sporting a black beard not eating and being lethargic---- I am not exactly sure what the gelatin looking stuff is but hes got good formed poop moist and the urate as well --
The little dot is literally like... a mixture of the water and residue, it's so weird. He does it a few times a day, and I've been worried he's backed up or something.

Yeah, it was crazy. Someone posted a picture of what coccidia poop looks like in a beadie and I thought it looked real similar and was freaking out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The little dot is literally like... a mixture of the water and residue, it's so weird. He does it a few times a day, and I've been worried he's backed up or something.

Yeah, it was crazy. Someone posted a picture of what coccidia poop looks like in a beadie and I thought it looked real similar and was freaking out.
Your dragons poop looks fine --- usually parasitic poop smells so bad it makes you want to leave the room and its extremely runny

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
If you can smell the poop out of the room hes in then it could be he has parasites - but its usually really runny as well
Ehh, I don't think it's that bad. The smell does hang around for a bit sometimes, though. We've started using puppy pads when their out and I think that helps with the residual smell. It's like they're always trying to outpoop themselves.😂

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ehh, I don't think it's that bad. The smell does hang around for a bit sometimes, though. We've started using puppy pads when their out and I think that helps with the residual smell. It's like they're always trying to outpoop themselves.😂
Vinegar / water 50/50 spray bottle will get rid of the smell --- in the tank use a wet cloth after the clean up that will get rid of the vinegar smell as well --

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If your feeding soft bodied bugs like hornworms or silkworms your going to get water along with the poop. It's when it's a brown, spattery, running mess that It's diarrhea. If your getting water and normal formed poop it just means they are hydrated. Their systems are EXTREMELY efficient at collecting all the water from thier food, it actually extracts it twice as it's being processed. If they are well hydrated then they just pass the excess when they poop.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
If your feeding soft bodied bugs like hornworms or silkworms your going to get water along with the poop. It's when it's a brown, spattery, running mess that It's diarrhea. If your getting water and normal formed poop it just means they are hydrated. Their systems are EXTREMELY efficient at collecting all the water from thier food, it actually extracts it twice as it's being processed. If they are well hydrated then they just pass the excess when they poop.
So the water in it means they're well hydrated.?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It can, offer water if they drink they are thristy. Even with bugs like hornworms they still need a little water.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It can, offer water if they drink they are thristy. Even with bugs like hornworms they still need a little water.
He won't drink from a bowl but I've given him a bath twice this week and he drank a ton both times.

Nova won't drink from a bowl or the tub, either and I dunno what to do to get her to drink.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom