Sick beardie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The temps at night are about 74 right now. Is saline more effective then baytril?
I would get your night time temps up to around 80 - its going to help his immune system - no colored bulbs for night - you want a CHE ceramic heat emitter or a heat projector -- Tracie will haft to answer the med question

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Saline solution is very effective, but depending on the severity of infection, the Baytril would
likely be more effective for a stubborn infection.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

There is a sterile saline solution that you can get at most pharmacies. Or Tractor Supply may have
Ringers saline solution that you could use & dilute slightly for nebulization. Baytril probably wont be
available in stores. If you want to try to use that, you can PM me here on the forum & I can help with
that.
The Saline solution does not have chemicals in it, nor does just a regular saline solution. It isn't an
antibiotic like the Baytril is.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

William R

Original Poster
Good still doing the weezing thing but ok
I think im going to try the nebulizer and saline and if that does not work the baytril

William R

Original Poster
Hello,

There is a sterile saline solution that you can get at most pharmacies. Or Tractor Supply may have
Ringers saline solution that you could use & dilute slightly for nebulization. Baytril probably wont be
available in stores. If you want to try to use that, you can PM me here on the forum & I can help with
that.
The Saline solution does not have chemicals in it, nor does just a regular saline solution. It isn't an
How is he doing today?

Tracie
What dosage and % baytril and or saline should a small beardie take i also heard you can use f10 veterinary disinfectant is that true?

Last edited:

William R

Original Poster
What dosage and % baytril and or saline should a small beardie take
Hello,

that.
How is he doing today?

Tracie
Is it possible you could send me a photo or a link to the saline solution to use it seems like all the ones I see have chemicals and I would greatly appreciate, knowing exactly what to get

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom