Sick Beardie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
I haven't posted in a while due to being super busy, but Hemingway has been to the vet and has Coccidia and Pinworms. I was given medicine and he's finished his cycle on two medicines. However, his poop is still how it was. Its a little more well-formed but still green. Urates are now brownish and he won't poop unless I put him in the bath.
86297-9425100665.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That still looks a bit messy. Is it less stinky? When did the last round of meds finish? It may take some time to see results. I'd wait a couple three weeks and if it's still not looking good, have another fecal test done to see where things stand.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It is a little less stinky. The last round of medicine ended around 2-3 weeks ago. I called the vet and she said that Coccidia is tricky to treat. She had me give him another round of Ponazuril. 0.13 ml of Ponazuril on one day, skip two days and give it again. When that is done, I'm bringing him again around the 21st to get another fecal done. Is there anything wrong with brown urates? I was a little concerned with that too...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes the urate colors change a bit to brown or pink. I don't think there is much to worry about with those colors as far as I know. If the urate takes on a blueish tint it can be indicative of kidney failure.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've just given him the full round of Ponazuril again and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with that but he pooped on his own yesterday and today so for me thats a good sign. He never lost his appetite or energy and I kept him very hydrated while on the meds so I guess I got lucky. Hopefully with this last round the Coccidia will be gone :D

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hemingway's poop has gotten worse over the past couple of days. It was better for a little while but now we're back to where we were before. He's also taking early nights again. Could that be due to the weather changing? I'm making an appointment soon to have another fecal done.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry Hemingway is still having problems. He is all done with his Ponazuril rounds?
How old is he? It could be seasonal changes, him getting ready to brumate if he is old enough.
Have his eating habits changed at all?
Definitely getting him another fecal exam would be helpful. When are you getting him in?

Tracie

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he's 10 months old, he's still eating pretty well but isn't as aggressive and excited with his food as he was a week ago, the vet wants him in around the 21st for another fecal, i was thinking of making an appointment for sometime around then. i don't think hes old enough to brumate but if he is i don't want him to especially with the parasites i'm sure he still has due to his poop still being this way.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I decided since he had been going to sleep a little earlier than usual, and the weather is getting a little cooler, that I would shorten his day a little bit. As of now his lights are set on a timer to go on at about 5:30am and turn off at around 7:30. Throughout the summer his lights were on from around 6:30am - 8:30pm. He's basking pretty much all day now. He's still eating but his poop still isn't what it should be. I'll probably make an appointment tonight for next weekend to get another fecal test done. The vet did say Coccidia was hard to get rid of, but he's been through a round of Albon and two rounds of Ponazuril. I don't want to keep giving him medication and hurt him more than helping him.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hemingway started showing signs of Brumation so I made his day longer again. I got him his second fecal a few weeks ago, he still had a small count of pinworms so I was given Panacur to give him. He finished his round of that but lately he doesn't want his roaches. He'll eat a pretty good amount of collard greens but maybe 1 or 2 roaches in a day. He used to eat 10-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom