Sick beardie, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naomi23

My beardie, Reggie, has only eaten 2 locust in about a month. He is usually hungry and eats fine but this has all changed. A few months back he pushed his glass out of the viv and managed to get out and roamed the house while I was at work, when I came back I found him in my bedroom trying very hard to poop, so I put on a glove and massaged him, he then pooped out a huge rubber band that he had eaten (must of been the previous time he was out). Ever since I have not let him out unsupervised which means he hasn’t been out a lot as I am always at work. Since I’ve confined him to his viv, he has just stopped eating I’ve been trying so hard but he just won’t open his mouth. He won’t even drink now and he loved a good drink of water from the tap? he is just laid lifeless, he isn’t running around like usual and he won’t open his eyes. He is alive as I can see him breathing. He is still struggling to poop, I just gave him a warm bath and left the warm tap running at the top of his tail. He pooped but not a lot so I am wondering if he is impacted from something else he may have eaten while I’ve not been looking. He is only about 4, he’s very tiny he had a bad start in life, the guy who had him before me had him in a tank with another beardie and they fought all the time. My bf has a beardie in the same house and room but we don’t put them together as they don’t like each other. I just don’t know what may be going on with him. We have no reptile vets anywhere near where I live ? please let me know if this has happened to anyone’s beardie before

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post pics of Reggie, also separate ones of his set up ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

At 4" he is the same size as a normal dragon would be coming out of the egg. Are you sure about his size ? Can you also post a pic of the rubber band ? Something like that would possibly be passed through a large beardie easily [ but still be a potential serios hazard ] but would almost certainly kill a baby.

Naomi23

Original Poster
AHBD":ivoyu840 said:
Hi there, can you post pics of Reggie, also separate ones of his set up ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

At 4" he is the same size as a normal dragon would be coming out of the egg. Are you sure about his size ? Can you also post a pic of the rubber band ? Something like that would possibly be passed through a large beardie easily [ but still be a potential serios hazard ] but would almost certainly kill a baby.

Hi, sorry he is 4 years old. I post pics of his viv at the min as I’ve just gone back out to work but I can post a recent pic of him that I had taken about 30 mins ago. I don’t have the rubber band anymore was a few months ago when that happened and he hasn’t been the same since.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. :shock: My mind is like a dense fog at times. If you suspect there's more of an impaction, offer some baby food prunes, sweet potato , squash or canned pumkin along with a few drops of olive oil.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
When you can, please post photos of Reggie and his complete setups and lighting...And can you list what lights you are using?

So you think Reggie changed right after the rubber band incident? It's quite possible that there is still something inside of him, especially if he's still straining and having trouble pooping months later, and that was the cause of his struggles. And his appetite suffering is expected if there is something still inside him too...He should have an x-ray or an ultrasound ASAP, any vet can do an x-ray. You need to know if anything is left in his gastrointestinal tract, if so it could eventually kill him.

Naomi23

Original Poster
Thank you all, I did some calling round and found a reptile vet in Anlaby, not far from me as I’m only in Hull. Reggie has an appt tomorrow morning at 10am, I will keep you all updated and thanks again. Fingers crossed he will be fine.

Naomi23

Original Poster
Thank you all for your help, we never made it to the vets as my little Reggie sadly passed away during the night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom