Sick beardie - not sure what the problem is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoomo

Dear Gabrielle,

OMG, I just read every post on this entire thread. You did a fantastic job and I am not sure how many people would go to the lengths you did for Hermies and Nanner. Hermies looks fantastic and it is because of you. Do not feel guilty over your decision. You allowed them to live and they clearly were not going to live in their conditions. You spent so many hours and I am sure thousands of dollars caring for them, vet visits, any medication anybody suggested, any tool, supplies for their enclosures, you cared for them like children. You had dubias in your home and were looking to breed worms, something I personally would not do - EEEK, dubias-roaches, nope not gonna happen.

I am a possible new owner of a Beardie for my son, trying to get information, and information I got tonight. I really feel if I needed questions answered, you could answer them. You became an expert.

I hope you get to visit them or at least a video here and there, some pictures, and I wanted to say thank you for saving them. I love all animals and you put tears in my eyes many times tonight as I read this thread and saw Hermies wound and could sense your frustration and pain for them. You did a wonderful thing and do not ever feel guilty. Feel sad cause you will miss them, but not guilty.

Hugs. Now, what will I read, LOL. Guess it is time for a break.

Gab122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:wink:
You guys are all so sweet! Thanks for your note Zoomo. :)

I got a call from the rescue lady today (Marie) and she left me a voicemail - wish I could play it for you all as it really was so heartwarming!
:love5:

Basically she said:
sorry she didn't email - it's been a very busy time/ very hectic. She's entering into her busy season w/ Reptile programs. She's busy preparing right now to go do programs in NY for one week. Hermie and Nammer are doing very well. She's been using the medicine on hermie and she seems fine. They are both extremely calm and sweet and both are eating. She's using the carnivore care w/ Hermie. On her trip to NY she is going to leave Nammer w/ her husband for care and feeding while she is gone. and she is going to take Hermie to NY with her to continue the constant care and special feeding and give her daily meds!!! :blob5: :blob8: They have both settled in very nicely and are doing well. She will update me as she is able. Not to worry if I don't hear from her all the time but if something arises she'll get in touch w/ me right away. She is taking Hermie so she can continue the personal one on one attention she needs. She is hoping and praying her little sores heal up and that she will do fine.
~~~~
We all miss these little girls but it is such a relief that they are being so well cared for!

I called back Marie back and asked her to send me pictures now and then, and she said she will.
I hope you are all doing well!
talk soon,
Gab

Gab122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:)

Throw back Thursday...

Long ago..,.
Hermie's raw wound

78760-6132160346.jpg
78760-6141663766.jpg

Wound with scab
78760-8524519032.jpg

Hermie's chest last week
78760-6427849443.jpg

She's come a long way baby!

SukiLove

Juvie Member
It took me a few days to get through all the posts, but I did read all of this awhile ago. I didn't think that you need another person telling you how great you did with them, but I'm going to say it anyway. It takes a really special person to devout such time, effort and care (not to mention the added expenses) for a pet. I'm sure there are some who would have opted for euthanasia, but you were willing to go the extra mile for them and they are reaping the benefits of it. Anyone, animal or person, is lucky to have someone like you in their life.

-Brandie

Gab122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Brandie, I think that's the nicest note I've ever rec'd. I read it to my husband and daughter and you should have seen my daughter's face when I said it "was the nicest note I'd ever received"... I had to quickly add "from someone I don't know" :lol:

I really do appreciate the support I've rec'd here and I have to tell you all, I couldn't have done it without all of you who chimed in and helped... especially Tracie (Drache613)! Tracie's suggestions were ultimately what worked best for Hermie and Nammer. BTW - does the 613 in your name refer to a June 13 Bday? If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :p

I miss Hermie and Nammer and wonder how they are doing. When I was eating a nectarine the other day, I wondered if it was an approved BD fruit before realizing that they aren't here anymore. When I come home, I instinctively feel like I should go check on them... I started to reread my thread tonight but found my emotions rising and falling as I read about and relived their ups and downs and all my questions. I do care about them so much but I have to admit that I feel great relief that I'm not responsible anymore. It was a difficult burden that I didn't think was good for me emotionally as I have a tendency toward anxiety in general... and though caring for them gave me a great sense of purpose and at times joy, it was a rough road too often. It's very strange not having them here but I'm sure that will lessen with time. Up until the very hour before I brought them to the rescue I wondered if we should keep Nammer since she was healthy and would have been easier to care for. but we didn't keep her and I think it's probably for the best.

Thank you all again for your kind words and I feel the prayers and good thoughts that floated our way over the last 8 months and still now.

Take care and
"God Bless all the little dragons...
all the dragons of the world...
red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his site,
God bless all the little dragons of the world..."

(I used Jesus name when I sang it but thought I'd make it fit any religion... :D )
Gab

Gab122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I sent an email to Marie asking how the girls are doing. Will update when I hear back...

Gab122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi all,

I heard from Marie that they are both doing well. :)

My daughter took these pics the day we rehomed them. Sweet girls... I hope they are truly happy and healthy. The black and white seems even more nostalgic...

78760-8451803652.jpg
78760-3547688481.jpg
78760-8939967011.jpg
78760-251868670.jpg

Gab122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi All,
I hear hermie and nammer are doing well... Infrequent updates and not much detail in them but she said this is her busy season. We miss them. I hope your dragons are all well.
Peace
Gab

Gab122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi All,

I have very sad news to share. Two weeks ago I was told that Hermie passed away in mid July. Her new owner Marie told me that she was following my care regiment fully and that she was doing fine and then one morning she went to feed Hermie and she had passed. I had her 9-10 months and she had started to improve. They only had her 5-6 weeks and she was gone. Honestly I don't understand and I feel bad because I feel like if I'd kept her, she'd probably still be alive.

On the other hand I worried a lot that she was suffering from all her different troubles and that broke my heart. Because in her short life she always had one trouble or another or many at once. I know she's not suffering now. She was such a sweet girl and deserved a better life.

Rest in peace sweet Hermie.
Love
Gabrielle
PS. I know you'll be wondering... I'm told Nammer is doing well.
Thanks again and wishing you all the best.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so sorry to hear about Hermie. I was really pulling for her. She put up a great fight against long odds. You should be proud and she will be missed.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
So sorry to hear about Hermie, you really did an amazing job and shouldn't beat yourself up over it. You did the best that you could for her, and know that you gave her the best life possible given her condition. It's not your fault and I really hope you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom