Sick Beardie after Ivomec UPDATE Samson Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustwst

Original Poster
Hello all!

Samson is back home. He recieved 8cc of blood from two donors. Now, we have to wait a few days to see if he will start making it on his own. He seems to not be too affected, lifting his head, just kinda resting. He poo'd this morning. Hopefully, he'll start feeling better!

msmaui

Juvie Member
Oh, Augustwst, I'm so glad you've got him back home and that he seems better. Hopefully, he'll come out of this okay and start eating better and everything. I've been worried about him, and you. My new baby is still alive. :eek: I still worry about it but he's eating and pooping. What more could I ask? :D

augustwst

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to thank you all for your concern and input. I really appreciate it. Samson passed away this evening.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sooo sorry! I was hoping he'd be o.k. That Ivomec is terrible stuff. I know a couple of vets that say they will use it as a last resort, because it has some nasty side effects. Death is a very nasty side effect.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh geez, I am so sorry that Samson passed away. You tried your best hon. I understand how devastating this is. :cry: I was hoping for a better outcome.
Do you have the results from the bloodtest back? If so, could I have a look at them please?

Tracie

augustwst

Original Poster
thank you beardie parents.
thank you nancy.

Hello Tracie,

She called me with the blood results. Said everything was normal, besides the anemia, protein a little low, & calcium a little low. I will definately request a copy in the morning and get them to you. Do you work in the veterinary industry?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm terribly sorry, Samson put up a big fight & you certainly did all that you could possibly do for him. I'm sorry this happened. :(

leann

Juvie Member
Hi,
I just read your story and cried a couple times through it too....I'm sure Samson knew that he was loved very very much & had a great beardie mom. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers..

Leann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom