Siberian Squill poisonous? (Urgent)!!!

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Amber just ate a clover of Siberian Squill the vet says nothing in their text books show Siberian Squill being poisonous.

I have no idea what to do I'm freaking out here the vet says they can't induce vomiting. I have read it's fatal and that it's also fatal to dogs and cats please tell me she is gonna be ok. I have NEVER seen this plant in my yard before and she went right after it before I could even grab her

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
do you have any activated charcoal? or there's a slurry i've seen mentioned on here several times. cilantro parsley, something like that. i'll see if i can find a thread where it's mentioned.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That was what i was going to recommend also.
How much of it did she eat?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I was trying to research it some but i can't weed through the irrelevant none seance to find anything useful. I did see it's poisonous thought, i would for sure do the charcoal slurry.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was trying to research it some but i can't weed through the irrelevant none seance to find anything useful. I did see it's poisonous thought, i would for sure do the charcoal slurry.
I'll have to grab some tomorrow she at the moment is resting on my shoulder sleeping since they go to bed at 8pm

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i'm willing to bet she will be ok then. i have a charcoal kit i bought off tracie's website for just in case. hopefully i'll never have to use it. i feel better knowing i have it though.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
This thread worried me, I'm glad she seems to be ok.

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I'll have to grab some tomorrow she at the moment is resting on my shoulder sleeping since they go to bed at 8pm
I'm not sure you want to administrator charcoal if it's been 24 hours and she is not displaying symptoms.

Charcoal is great at neutralizing toxins and is pretty safe but it can be harsh on thier systems. Also it can only neutralize what is in the digestive tract.

It's definitely a good thing to have as a first aid resource though, and about the only thing that we'll give them a chance if they grab somthing like a firefly. I keep meaning to get a kit. Tracie sells one on her website I believe.

Glad she doesn't seem to be having any issues.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If it has been this long now, you don't really need to give activated charcoal right now.. It looks
like she is going to be just fine!

Tracie

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure you want to administrator charcoal if it's been 24 hours and she is not displaying symptoms.

Charcoal is great at neutralizing toxins and is pretty safe but it can be harsh on thier systems. Also it can only neutralize what is in the digestive tract.

It's definitely a good thing to have as a first aid resource though, and about the only thing that we'll give them a chance if they grab somthing like a firefly. I keep meaning to get a kit. Tracie sells one on her website I believe.

Glad she doesn't seem to be having any issues.
True and she's ok been almost 48 hrs and the only sign I noticed was a upset tummy and more watery than normal poop.

Though she is starting to eat a lot of greens so that could be a reason for her increased water intake and watery poop as well.

I'm gonna definitely check that kit out and definitely stripping my yard of all these poisonous plants

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Though she is starting to eat a lot of greens so that could be a reason for her increased water intake and watery poop as well
Typical right?

"Today I'll make it easy for you and eat all my greens... starting with this pretty little poisonous plant you didn't know existed until I nommed it!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom