Showing off our Spook-tacular Howl-O-Riffic Beardies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
First, I know there is a place for pics, but I wanted to put this here - one, because I think it will get seen more, and two, because the Halloween photo contests don't come up in the "Showing off Pics" forum, so I thought it would be okay =)

Some of us weren't able to get our dressed up beardie pics in on time, but we still want to show our Spook-tacular beardies off - here is our chance and place! Even if you did submit a photo nto the contest, add more here cuz I love seeing them!! (and I am sure others do too).

Below are some photos of my Spike while dressed up and helping me out as I hosted my jobs pet Halloween Costume Contest. He was a hit! I didn't enter him into the contest as I was the host, but everyone enjoyed his company and his costume. He had a whole get-up, a guitar, sun glasses, a spike collar, and a spike braclet, but I took all those off because he seemed really uncomfortable and we were there dressed up for like 4hrs. I do have other pics (that include me dressed up as well) taken by the photographer we had there that day, but I have to scan them and I am having issues with my scanner right now.

Here he is taking a break from everyone touching him in a temp tank I set up just for that purpose...
2979174704_2f80869ec6.jpg

Here he is chillin on my brother's shoulder
2979174228_7e8f6d63d5.jpg

Here is a close up of the above pic..
2978317359_ab7e3e1d4c.jpg

I will post the others as soon as I can. Now, you start posting yours!! :D

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aww, thanks guys. He had a rough job that day, lol! He was so pooped when we got home! But he was an excellent entertainer.
For the mohawk, I went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought about 12 inches (in case of mistakes) of each color. It is that boa type feathery stuff. I then cut out a rectangular piece of card board - about 2 inches by 4 inches - big enough that I could work with it, but not too big. I then cut little pieces of the boa material and glued them to the cardboard, in a row. Then, I cut the cardboard down just outlining the hair. I used mustache tape to keep it on him. It was really sticky and I was worried about when I would pull it off, but it came right off with a slight tug and he acted like it was nothing so all was good!

Now, I know you all have some pics of your dragon all dressed up, want to, or will so entertain me cuz I get a big kick out of them!!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a great costume! Spike looked so cool - and tough and mean at the same time. Loved the mohawk!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get Pookie into his costume for the PetSmart costume contest. He protested like his life depended on it. He must've known that we were going out and didn't want to humiliate himself in public. Oh well, maybe next year.

Can't wait to see some other beardies all dressed up for Halloween.

utahraptr

Sub-Adult Member
LOL I LOVE the mohawk, that's great!

I just took some pics of Merlin and Evie tonight, so I'll share those. Had to finish Merlin's hat, and I didn't get it done in time for the photo contest (her devil costume didn't come out right, so I had to start over). So here are my two witches.

2008_10280001.jpg

2008_10280003.jpg

2008_10280004.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awwww!!!!! Evie and Merlin make such adorable witches.
Was Evie sleeping in the first pic??

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That is absolutely adorable!!
Thank you so much for sharing.
I'm thinking about trying to get Spike in the whole get-up, spiked collar and all, because I only had him in all of it once and I didn't get a pic.... it's so tempting. It is so funny, I can tell he doesn't mind it, but I can also tell he kinda hates it as he looks at me like "Woman, how dre you try to dress me again!" LOL!

I love your two little witches though! Both Evie and Merlin look totally comfortable dressed up as your little witches :lol:

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here are those pics taken by our Photo Spook-tacular photographer at Petco....

2984245126_338f543288.jpg

Here is a close up. You can see the cardboard and kinda how it was all connected.

2983389005_b83e230067.jpg

Here is has begun to move and see if he can figure out a way to jump to me...

2984245058_f1208ec647.jpg

And here is me and my Spike. I didnt think of it till later, but I should have gotten one where we were given kisses...oh well.

2983389087_1fc9d71930.jpg

LJean

Extreme Poster
Awesome dragon costumes.

Oscar is brumating and would certainly not appreciate my putting a costume on him and taking him out some where. ;) Calypso is still too young, and is a bear when it comes to handling.

Maybe next year, sigh.

utahraptr

Sub-Adult Member
Goonie":008c6 said:
Awwww!!!!! Evie and Merlin make such adorable witches.
Was Evie sleeping in the first pic??

Yeah, Evie is in lazy lizard mode now, but Merlin is still active.

Here's what their pumpkin has now become
2008_10302008Halloween0001.jpg

2008_10302008Halloween0006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom