Show the URO Vivs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron

I have been thumbing through this Uro section a lot now that Brandon brought me to it, and I have notice...there are no sections where anyone is showing off their Viv/Enclosures.

I am going to be building another Viv for my Uro, and hopefully keeping motivated depending on money of course. So, in the mean time, show me what you've got!.!.!

Megatron

Original Poster
Thanks! I was surprised that he came out actually. I cleaned his cage and added the bird seed (first time trial basis) and he was "getting used to it" so I had a good photo opportunity.

Megatron

Original Poster
So, just as a question. I changed his substrate today and I went back into our "reptile" room to turn some lights off and notice that he was sleeping vertically against the glass, basically using his tale and support...normal? Not sure what he's doing or trying to accomplish but its a little weird to me. Comments would be helpful...

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Awesome looking Uro. I will post a pic of my enclosure. One thing to consider is to get birdseed without sunflower seeds. Only go high grade for the lower dust.
SAM_0438.jpg

SAM_1837.jpg

I admit I need to do more with it. :|

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
claudiusx":14445eci said:
Gualam looks so cute Michael.

-Brandon

The top picture is kind of old. The second picture I just took, I had to get him out of a hide and he got all sorts of upset. He has started to do this back wave thing to intimidate me. :? I plan on getting up some background to try to make him feel more comfortable. Maybe this weekend :wink:

New to these guys, dont own one but the bird seed looks awesome as a subst. I assume bird seed would be like sand for beardies though right????

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Its not really like how sand is for dragons, sand with dragons can cause a lot of health issues, the only health issue with bird seed as a substrate is sanitation. So if you are willing to replace all the birdseed in the tank constantly, than its an OK substrate IMO.

They actually eat the bird seed and can digest it. Plus the seed provides much needed roughage in there stomachs to help them digest there salads better.

Oh, and I will have a picture of my tank soon, its uploading right now! :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom