Should I worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sola

Greetings All,

I am not sure whether I need to worry about this or just give my beardie a few days. Last week she managed to get out of her cage (not far, just resting on the top). So this past weekend I took her cage (and her obviously) to my parent's house so my dad could build her a cage top. She seemed fine all weekend - although I do imagine the event may have been a little stressful since she isn't use to car rides and such. She seemed fine when we got home yesterday - although she did go to sleep long before her light went out. This morning when I went to go feed her crickets - she looked really fat. Her belly was all blown up and such. I have never seen her look like that before. She did eat the crickets although she didn't really run after any (this isn't totally abnormal for her). I checked on her before leaving for work and she looked more normal, the belly did shrink a bit. However, when I got home today - she is all curled up and sleeping. I am not use to seeing her bury into the sand and sleep during the day. Sometimes she rests under her log, but never buried in the sand. I am not sure if she is just coping with stress or if something is wrong with her. She is about 6 months old or such. I would appreciate any help! Thanks so much.

A worried first time beardie owner,
Sola

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
u sure she was bloated or something? cause sometimes beardies will do the "pancake" by flattening there bellies to make them look very wide from a top view.
this probably does have something to do with stress.
good luck!!! :mrgreen:

Sola

Original Poster
I have seen her do the pancake many times - but this wasn't a pancake - it was more of a ball...... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom