Should I give him to a better home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
frank79":948e9 said:
Really happy to see that you are not going to give him away.Dont be too hard on yourself.What you got got to remember is we all talk about being beardie slaves and that they rule us but what that really means is that they need us in so many ways to look after them.It is obvious to see that you love your little one cause you have realised what it takes to look afer him and you are putting it right.Keep it up welldone.

What he said. Zinger couldn't ask for a better slave! Besides... if he's not with you, who will stop him from devouring the souls of the innocent? :twisted:

i dont clean the poop out right away all they time and i might miss a roach feed once i week. but for real its not that hard to scoop out **** that takes 10 secs and i dont give my beardie to much attention only take him out every few days

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
If you put a chart where you have to see it and put check marks or stickers or something on there as you do each task you won't have to wonder if it was done or not. I have to use one of those little weekly boxes for MY meds. Some days I'm not sure if I took them or not. The empty (or full) box answers that ? for me. (And I'm much older than you)

We all know how you love Zinger. Don't worry, you will get the hang of it all. :D
Katherine sits Bogie on her shoulder or the table with her as she works. He likes watching her write. It slows her down, but not much. He also watches tv with her. You can work in snuggle time, trust me. Zinger is happy, just be a bit more focused.

Mama Sandy

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
Logs are helpful. I use them when administering medications. This way I know what I've done and need to do. If I had the effort to make a log for feeding/cleaning, I don't think I'd use it. With 16 lizards, I try to keep up with everything, but it is difficult. Thankfully the geckos don't need food everyday, and the dragons are spoiled between myself and my fiance's mom, as is the chameleon.

Grommet

Hatchling Member
You are WONDERFUL for even having this thought and concern!!!!! It's much more difficult to have a juvie than it is and adult beardie..... remember that whenever you feel that you don't have the energy to continue being a truly effective beardie slave! It's wonderful life experience taking care of a creature that requires so much personal attention and you will carry that and cherish it your ENTIRE LIFE!!!! ...... kudos to you, and hang in there. If you feel you are maxed out and can't put any more time and energy into your beardie and need HELP (the H word can be scary, I know) do ask your family / friends, explaining that for a while, if they could help scoop "the poo" you could really use a hand :mrgreen: Reming them as well, that it's only for a few more short months, and soon, your beardie, like mine, will be slower, snugglier, less of a piggy, and certainly less of a pooer!

Kailin

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I know I am a little late on this convo, but I had to respond.

Never feel so horrible about forgetting a feeding and/or a poo that you think instantly you should let him go!
We are human after all - I mean to be honest sometimes I forget to feed myself!!! With school, work, homework, process of moving, housework, daughter.... I seriously forgot to eat. I have also had times where I run around the house doing this or that, usually getting ready, and I look over at Spike and just stop - OOPS! "I'm so sorry Spike!" I have totally forgotten to feed her before as well. We are humans in a busy world with busy lives. To forget occasionally is natural and totally the opposite of neglect. Neglecting is not caring, noticing you forgot to feed and still not feeding.

I love all the ideas you got and I am glad you decided to keep your beardie pal - he knows you are human and he loves you for that!

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the help. Keeping the log has helped so much!! BTW, he has wrinkles, but I give him baths every other day and drip water on his nose twice a day, he has always been on the chubbier side, so what are these wrinkles??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom