Should I get a fecal done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
My beardie has been less active and has been having runny stools. His appetite has been great towards bugs, pretty good towards salad, and he's been working on his shed. I'm suspecting that he might have some sort of parasites because of the stools and laziness, but I got a fecal done on June 12th and it came back with good results. My vet is kind of far and expensive, so if possible I would like to do a DIY fecal test or mail-in fecal test. If you think a fecal test is necessary, can I get some advice on how to do it in my preferred ways? Thank you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you just had one done a few months ago, I probably wouldn't rush to get another. The runny stools can be caused by a number of things and don't necessarily indicate a problem. It could be related to diet or just an upset stomach which will resolve on its own over time. Shedding can also affect a lot of things including their mood and behavior. They also go through phases of lower activity and that's normal. I'd wait out the shed and see how things stand after that.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the info. Just for some backround: for a long he wouldn't start shedding. Probably 6 months or so. When he finally did, it also took a long time, and as of now he's on his back, belly, end of tail, and shoulder. Not sure if this changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom