Should I be putting her near the crickets to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaFt

Yes yes, probably a complete noob question... However, my beardie is only 2 months old and has been brought up on crickets and salad.

She's only been at mine since Monday (3rd day today) so is likely still settling in. However, she's in a 4ft vivarium and I was advised to put the crickets in a tupperware dish to make hunting easier in such a large area. However, she seems to look at them but not do much. Should I be putting her into the dish to 'force' (not literally force, couldn't think of a more better word!) her to eat or will she just get them when she's ready?

I think what I'm asking is do I need to teach her where her food is? Or is she still just settling in?

MaFt

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
The word you are looking for is encourage. You can do it if you want, though he might not be running to it cause he doesn't want to eat yet. Also remember that it will take a couple of weeks for her appetite to take off.

MaFt

Original Poster
Thanks

She's my first lizard so I'm on edge about everything... why isn't she eating? why hasn't she done this? why is she doing that? lol

MaFt

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Totally understandable. Most people go through all that. If you have anymore questions, we can always help you with them.

MaFt

Original Poster
So, just as an update a couple of weeks on...

Gillette is still doing fine and is eating well. The weather in the UK is going from glorious sunshine to rain to sun to snow to sun and then hail... It's really buggering her up (along with a lot of other local beardies [my local reptile store owner was telling me today]). From what I understand, brumation is brought about by change in air pressure as opposed to temperature and the weird weather we've got over here seems to be messing a lot of her kind about!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom