Should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshandmushu

Hatchling Member
Right so pretty much every time I get Mushu out just after 5 minutes he goes on his little mission to find a place to sleep should I be concerned about this because he has been acting lazy and off his greens lately (like he's barely touching them).

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
My beardie used to do this. When she was out exploring the living room, she'd find a corner and dark place and just curl up and sleep. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, How old is he?

thegreybush

Juvie Member
nope. sounds like all my kids. mine prefer to try and dig into the spot between the floor and the old heaters that are never turned on.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Joshandmushu":2za9b965 said:
He's 14 months old do you have any idea why he's off his greens as well?

well at that age its normal for them to be lazier, mines 15 months and very lazy! Not sure why he's off his grrens (mine doesn't eat them and i've been trying the tough love approach of cutting out feeders till she eats them with no luck.) Could be that he's bored of the same greens and a change might help. They like a variety and get bored of the same feeders, try changing his food, might help.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Joshandmushu":322ajvix said:
What do you recommend?

you could try superworms, dubia roaches, reptiworms, locusts, butterworms. My beardie went off crickets at about 11 months old- she loves superworms and locusts at the minute. As for the salad, try mixing the occasional red or yellow pepper in so the colour might attract, carrot, fruit, squash etc.

Joshandmushu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, quick question though can Superworms be fed as a staple?
And is it possible for us UK folk to get some silkworms?
(sorry for the bombardment of questions)

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Joshandmushu":2f4fy5sp said:

No worries. Superworms (morio worms) can be fed as a staple but they're quite fatty. I usually give a mix of morio worms and locusts. You can get silkworms from http://www.butterworms.co.uk/7-silkworms- they're out of stock at the moment but you can keep checking. Ebay sells them too: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280703107795 My beardie didn't like the silkworms :( . The butterworms.co.uk site also sells butterwoms (hence the name lol)- my beardie goes mad for them and they're very nutritious

Joshandmushu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
catUK":1rowfp90 said:
Joshandmushu":1rowfp90 said:

No worries. Superworms (morio worms) can be fed as a staple but they're quite fatty. I usually give a mix of morio worms and locusts. You can get silkworms from http://www.butterworms.co.uk/7-silkworms- they're out of stock at the moment but you can keep checking. Ebay sells them too: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280703107795 My beardie didn't like the silkworms :( . The butterworms.co.uk site also sells butterwoms (hence the name lol)- my beardie goes mad for them and they're very nutritious

Thank you very much Cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom