Should I be concerned about this shed? (Pics included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica582

Hatchling Member
My beardie is a predictable shedder. She is 8 or 9 months old, 15 inches long. I have had her for 5 months. This is basically her shedding routine: tail sheds, head sheds, body sheds, limbs shed. While body is shedding tail is getting ready to shed again. And it takes about 2 or 3 weeks and then starts over. She's been shedding constantly see we got her. She finished that shed a little over two weeks ago and has amazingly not started a new one - really.
Last thursday I noticed that part of her head was shedding, but it was a really weird colour. Still white but had a violet ish tinge. That went away about sunday and her head just got whiter. It is now tuesday and nothings happened with her head shed. Not even starting to peel away at all.
Something is stressing her out, she has been darkly coloured lately, especially in her cage. Should I be worried about this weird shed?

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

Rachella

Juvie Member
I wouldn't be too worried about it. It looks like a regular shed to me, although if you'd like to help her along give her some warm baths and I heard using a small amount of aloe might help soothe the skin (might want to double check on that). Shedding can sometimes be a stressful factor for dragons, some of them tend to stop eating entirely until they get rid of the itchy skin. Make sure she has things to scrub her head against and give her a warm bath, hopefully that'll help.

I'd wait to see what other people suggest before trying the aloe thing, though, as I'm a bit rusty on my knowledge.

Erica582

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've seen aloe posted everywhere. As in, 100% aloe. I was curious about that. I give her baths every night and she has things to scrape it off on but she hasnt even tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom