SHOCKING RESCUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hello folks,

I recieved this PM from a kind person who rescued this beardie and needs help, I've asked her to post it here so she could get support, Tracie/Drache613 and I have been helping her, the more people who can help the better. This is so shocking I can barely stand to look at these pictures. I do not understand the abuse that people do to innocent animals..........It makes me cry.

Please respond to: arenaburch2000 She will post so you can speak on the forum instead of with a PM. Thanks

skiny11.jpg

skinny2.jpg

skinny4.jpg

skinny9.jpg

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Moderators:
Can you move this to the Beardie ER forum, I meant to do that instead of health, thanks

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh my God. Oh my God. I don't even know what else to say. arenaburch, I can't give you any advice other than to listen to everything Tracie tells you and follow her instructions to the letter. It's the best chance this poor baby has.

I took two rescues in over the weekend from a reptile show that looked a lot like this poor soul. They are a male/female pair, so thin... I was shocked myself. They were so dirty... three baths later they still have retained shed, crud, dirt... but I'm doing my best. I can't believe the man was trying to sell these poor creatures in their condition. Even though we already have 30+ rescued beardies, I couldn't stand to walk away from them. I'll try to post pictures of them later... they look a lot like this poor dragon. Both were so dehydrated they drank and drank from their bath... I thought they would never get enough water. I doubt they've ever had a bath in their poor lives... I'm sure they were used soley as "breeding machines" and were now discarded because they could no longer "produce". It makes me sick to my stomach. The female has a crooked jaw and other deformities from MBD... she has some type of respiratory ailment and gets stressed easily and has trouble breathing. I'm spoon and syringe feeding her squash baby food mixed with vitamins and calcium...I've given her a small amount of jump start and chicken baby food mixed with pedialyte. I thought I would lose her last night... she started open-mouth breathing and her beard turned very black. I held her and stroked her and she calmed down... made it through the night... but she is very ill. I'm consulting with a reptile vet I know to see if he can help her further. The male is eating on his own (not much...but a little) and is much more alert and active. No signs of respiratory distress in him so far. Any other suggestions would be appreciated and I'll be praying for this poor shocking rescue case as well. How people can do this to these completely dependent creatures is beyond me.

OMG THAT POOR LITTLE BEARDIE WHO EVER DID THIS TO HIM SHOULD ROTT AND SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO OWN ANOTHER PET OR REPTILE REGUARDLESS TO WHAT TO EVER HAPPENS .I'M PRAYING FOR THE LITTLE GUY AND THE PRAYER THAT I'M GOING TO SAY I HOPE IT WILL SAVE HIM AND IF IT DO CHANGE HIS NAME TO (SURVIVER)BECAUSE IF HE SURVIVED ALL THIS HE WILL POSSIBLY MAKE IT IM PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Kind of reminds me of Zilla when I first rescued him. So thin and weak. Poor little thing. Every beardie has a saviour and this one has found his/hers. Hopefully with Tracie's advice, a strong will to live and lots and lots of prayers this little one will pull through to live a happy life with someone who actually cares.

Arenaburch2000, we are all here for you.

Bless You!

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
oh wow that makes me sick I recently rescued a Beardie but he wasn't in that bad of health I thought he was but wow . He was eating nothing but green the lady I bought of said that he didnt like worms and crickets turns out he loves them and she just didnt want the hassle. People make me sick you should have to get a license to get a pet just to make sure you know what your doing i mean I am still learning but please I know you have to FEED them. Best of luck please keep us updated my heart goes out to you and your new beardie. Thank heavens for you.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Ohhhh that's awful!!! Just take it slow trying to fatten him up cause I can see two things happening... either the runs or stoppage from not knowing how to process food.

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Thanks to everyone's prayers and advice, It really helps out alot!! My husband and I are doing everything gradually, cause I dont want to over do it ofr her. Thanks again. I am trying to find a way to prosicute the jerks who did this but I don not have an address to the people and its hard to tell the law where to find them.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Once again, thank you so much for coming to the rescue of that poor creature. It was meant to be.

Since you mentioned it, does anyone know, is there anything out there that can be done to pet owners that allow their pets to deteriorate like that. I know that some dog owners have been prosecuted, but I mean is there some sort of "DO NOT LET THIS PERSON OWN A PET!" list that exists? I'm sorry, I'm probably just over emotional. But there should be. Having gone through this with Zilla, I would not have thought twice about putting his previous owner on a list that banned her from owning at least a reptile. He had not had UVBs for over a year and a half. We measured him yesterday and for being 3 years old he is only 14 INCHES LONG! If that is not abuse I don't know what is. In any case, he is safe now and I will do my best to help anyone who needs help doing the same. I am not an expert by any means, but I care and sometimes that is the beginning that a mistreated beardie needs.

Welcome arenaburch2000 and fellow beardie rescuer.

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Out here they just told me to call the police but I dont have there address....only the a photo and phone number and name. I wish there was a list for that cause that would be awesome!!

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
This is all the information that you will need if anyone would like to donate money to help me get the proper care for my rescued bearded dragon.

The vet office is
Avian & Exotic Animal Clinic or AZ
1530 W. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, Arizona 85233

The phone number is:
(480) 706-8478

My invoice number is:

I know some people want to donate so that wanted to help, if you can great if not just having prayers is good enough for me. The vet named her for now, the name they have on file for her is skinny minny. When they first weighed her she was 160 grams. I have a ouple hundred dollar balance and have had to turn down a blood transfusion cause I just couldn't afford it then, she is going good with out it so far. I will need to get another check up soon, to check and see if everything is going the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom