Shipping help

Status
Not open for further replies.

renich

Juvie Member
if you can get through the next couple of weeks, it should get easier. the first year is the most critical. after that, they become less fragile. and you get into the groove of things.

as far as camping, you mentioned a neighbor had a beardie. can the help you out? since the tank is small, you could transport it over there. just a thought.

WarDaddy

Original Poster
rocket is knocking on deaths door.

he his like a rag doll, almost no resistance to anything, will not swallow worms, it is sickening. I have an appointment to take him to a herp vet tomorrow, if he makes it that long.

I left him in his basking spot, and he moved to a cooler place, so that is something....

renich

Juvie Member
i'm so sorry to hear the little guy is not doing well. a visit to the herp vet is good. i'll keep my fingers crossed...

let us know how it goes.

WarDaddy

Original Poster
little guy picked his head up and looked to enjoy his morning bask. I forced 1 cricket and a little baby food. he went back to being a rag doll. I gave him a 20 minute bath, and returned him to bask. He has a 3pm appointment with the doc, I hope he makes it that long, sad sight.

WarDaddy

Original Poster
Rocket has passed on :(

The vet said we had little chance after the horrible shipping. Spending the weekend in a cold post office with no food or water was too much shock on his little system. He only weighed 2 grams today, and even with everything we did, he was all bones. His liver was swollen, and undigested food was in his stomach, there was nothing that I could have done better.

So the drama is over for this round.

Next up, Save a Dragon. I will not be buying one from a breeder again. I am going to find one that someone is looking to move to a loving home. I think we will wait until early next year at the earliest, seeing we have a couple trips on the books between now and then.

What a horriable experience for my boys, 2 dragons, 2 deaths. Although I seem to be taking it a lot harder than they do.

renich

Juvie Member
oh my goodness. i was hoping it wouldn't come to this....i am soooooo sorry that you had to experience this. what a difficult life lesson for all of your family.

i have mixed emotions about shipping animals. i know a lot of success stories exist, but for those that don't....how horrible.

again, i am sorry for your loss. gain comfort in knowing that you gave rocket everything you had!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom