shinglebacks- my beardies new neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
protiemama":06b4b said:
Kirby- what an interesting set of creatures. They kinda look like something Daniel would make from play-doh. :lol: You Aussies really do have the coolest critters. Katherine reeeaaaly loves them btw. She says they look like shaped brownies. Yummy? I guess you have them with the beardie burrito? :lol: :lol:

I thought you were only 15 or 16. How have you convinced your folks to let you have sooo many interesting pets? I need to know before Katherine trys it on me. :D

Sandy H

lol. im not that young, if i was how could i afford this load. i did get a job when i was 16 to afford MORE pets. now im studying at tafe, and throwing around a job to afford them... lol. its worth it.

my parents made the stupid rule when i was younger that 'if you look after, feed, care for it... you can have it' with the exception of cat/dog/snake... so ive kept everything available as a pet here in Australia. LOL... they've learnt not to use this rule with younger siblings. ive moved on to the next one down. he has his own beardie, and wants MORE.... he likes the shinglebacks as well..

alot of my freinds think the look like poop. and we've nicknamed them poo-lizards.. but i think i like 'brownies' better..

im wanting to call one of the females 'cheeks' she has two cricles on her cheeks underside. she is SO gentle, and loves a cuddle. the other female is a little resistat, and doesnt enjoy handling, although will cope with it. the male, LOVES a scratch on his head, and will actually walk over and sit on my lap waiting for some more scratches... :)

thaks whiskers mom, can we delete the doubled pics? :)

atreyu917

Juvie Member
kirby":b25a3 said:
protiemama":b25a3 said:
Kirby- what an interesting set of creatures. They kinda look like something Daniel would make from play-doh. :lol: You Aussies really do have the coolest critters. Katherine reeeaaaly loves them btw. She says they look like shaped brownies. Yummy? I guess you have them with the beardie burrito? :lol: :lol:

I thought you were only 15 or 16. How have you convinced your folks to let you have sooo many interesting pets? I need to know before Katherine trys it on me. :D

Sandy H

lol. im not that young, if i was how could i afford this load. i did get a job when i was 16 to afford MORE pets. now im studying at tafe, and throwing around a job to afford them... lol. its worth it.

my parents made the stupid rule when i was younger that 'if you look after, feed, care for it... you can have it' with the exception of cat/dog/snake... so ive kept everything available as a pet here in Australia. LOL... they've learnt not to use this rule with younger siblings. ive moved on to the next one down. he has his own beardie, and wants MORE.... he likes the shinglebacks as well..

alot of my freinds think the look like poop. and we've nicknamed them poo-lizards.. but i think i like 'brownies' better..

im wanting to call one of the females 'cheeks' she has two cricles on her cheeks underside. she is SO gentle, and loves a cuddle. the other female is a little resistat, and doesnt enjoy handling, although will cope with it. the male, LOVES a scratch on his head, and will actually walk over and sit on my lap waiting for some more scratches... :)

thaks whiskers mom, can we delete the doubled pics? :)

haha poo lizards.

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Actually Kirby, the second set of pic's just gives members a second chance at seeing your wildly, weird and awsome lizards! But if you want me to move them I can.

kirby

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
whiskersmom":f17e2 said:
Actually Kirby, the second set of pic's just gives members a second chance at seeing your wildly, weird and awsome lizards! But if you want me to move them I can.

lol. does somebody want more photo's??? :lol:

im taking them out in the sun this afternoon, assuming the humidity isnt too high, i would like to rip out the camera... but its hard to get the pics onto the mac.. :S

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Katherine and Daniel would love to see more pictures. And honestly, so would I. Another new animal on my list of cool things I want to see when I finally visit Down Under! :D

Sandy H

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
Nice pics Kirbs. I'll be down near you in a few weeks, I might need to stop by and have a look :D

ps. Haven't been on this site in AGES!

kirby

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
well, i took some new pics.. they are ADORABLE... will 'try' to get them on a computer soon.. :D

kirby

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
NEW PICS !!!! ahhh..... "going for a walk in the garden"

DSCF0815.jpg

DSCF0816-1.jpg

getting some sun in the Mesh Viv.
DSCF0817.jpg

we found something!!!

a nice spot to chill out, catch some Z's in the sun..
DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0843.jpg

some yummy things to eat. (soft leaved cactus)
DSCF0836.jpg

camoflague a little.
DSCF0835.jpg

keep a look out :)
DSCF0822.jpg

and make a cunning escape!!
DSCF0844.jpg

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Kirby- those are too cute. :D They are kinda primative, yet sooo adorable. The kids want some now. Somehow I just don't think its in our budget here.

Dave- where ya been? nice to see you are still around. Check out Barbara's new babies, yes plural. :D

Sandy H

maxattack

Juvie Member
They are gorgeous and the pictures turned out really well. You can differentiate the different size scales and everything. I'm with Dave, I think we should all stop by for a visit to Kirby's Zoo! We'll all bring a can of worms or roaches or locusts as an entrance fee since your food bill must be through the roof! :blob8:

kirby

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
maxattack":c5f3a said:
They are gorgeous and the pictures turned out really well. You can differentiate the different size scales and everything. I'm with Dave, I think we should all stop by for a visit to Kirby's Zoo! We'll all bring a can of worms or roaches or locusts as an entrance fee since your food bill must be through the roof! :blob8:

DEAL!!!! lol....

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I LOVE the keeping a lookout pic and the last one.

They look so sweet. Just the expressions on their face just reminds me of a sweet elderly person, I don't know why. how big of a tank do you keep those in and how long do they live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom