She's never drank water in the 5 months I've had her !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Ok soo... MJ has NEVER EVER EVER EVER drank water ... ever. Not when I use a syringe... not in her bath... not out of her water bowl.. etc. I give her baths 3-4 times a week and mist her a couple times a day. Sooo... is this normal !?!?!?! I know beardies don't drink from still water but I've read soo many people beardies drink in their baths... and even seen videos of drinking beardies. lol. Should I be worried ?

Splurge

Nope, not at all! I've never seen my beardie have a drink either! They can easily get it from there food and from being in the bath. Only worry if your beardies back starts getting much more wrinkly than normal, as this is a sign of dehydration. If that happens, just give more baths.

As for misting, it's ok to do, but don't do it in the viv as this can make the humidity levels too high :)

BDMom22

Juvie Member
When your beardie is in the bath and you trinkle water over his nose does he stick his tounge out at all? Lick his lips in the tub of any sort? I guess as long as he is having his baths and getting hydrated it don't matter, but i'm by far an expert on that.. lol

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
yes, but telling people that your lizard drinks through her butt is just so much more entertaining

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":05a19 said:
If you dont see a tree fall in the woods does it mean it never fell?

good one !! That's what I thought too but I was getting a bit concerned :D Thanks Tom

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Twobeardieguy":1cdb6 said:
OK ok, then yes your dragons drinks thru their butts! :lol: :wink:

So, funny story. I took my boyfriend and his roommate golfing the other day. Well, before we could go back to take them home, I told them I HAD to give Lilly a bath. So Brian's roomate is sitting there, obviously bored, and asked what the point was. I told him, she's drinking through her butt! He was actually quite interested in her bath afterwards.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
lol that is so true ! my friend came over yesterday and watched me bathe MJ. She said wtf is the point, it's not like i'm bathing a dog with soap/shampoo ! And i said "oh i dont bathe for her to get clean. I bathe her so she can drink and be hydrated"
Offcourse I got :shock: :shock: :shock: looks.. lol

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Aznrainbowdime":d885a said:
lol that is so true ! my friend came over yesterday and watched me bathe MJ. She said wtf is the point, it's not like i'm bathing a dog with soap/shampoo ! And i said "oh i dont bathe for her to get clean. I bathe her so she can drink and be hydrated"
Offcourse I got :shock: :shock: :shock: looks.. lol

LOL.. I get that look when I say that too.. they all tell me "You waste electricity w/ all them lights" and "if you dont use soap why do you put that 'thing' in the tub?"

Gah, I just thank God i'm the beardie Mom and not them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom