Sheila's back/side issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Been away for a while and Sheila has been doing great other than this strange thing going on with her back/side.
20101201171659.jpg

20101201171113.jpg

Just trying to figure out what it might be, heard about fungal infection and i'm hoping that's not the case.
Eating and pooping normally and the worms are gone!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It doesn't "appear" to be fungal. How long has it been since she has shed?

Tracie

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2okrd3tt said:
Hello,

It doesn't "appear" to be fungal. How long has it been since she has shed?

Tracie
I would say it's been close to a month maybe a little longer. She was shedding like every couple weeks if not more often before.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, how old is Sheila?
Perhaps it is an upcoming shed, I hope. I would keep an eye out on the changing coloration to make sure it is not a fungal issue.
Are you soaking her daily?

Tracie

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3sxuy3d1 said:
Hello,

Well, how old is Sheila?
Perhaps it is an upcoming shed, I hope. I would keep an eye out on the changing coloration to make sure it is not a fungal issue.
Are you soaking her daily?

Tracie
She's anywhere from 9 months to one year, definitely keeping an eye on it and I plan to make a trip to the vet in the near future but it just started snowing and such so I'll have to get some hand warmers for the ride. Oh and yes I'm soaking her daily for the last 3 days before that it was every few days.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, well, at that age, she should still shed fairly often. Hopefully, this is all that it will turn out to be now. It doesn't look fungal, but it is best to keep an eye on it, just in case. If the area starts to look quite different, post some more pictures of it for us.
I hope she is enjoying her soaks now.
Those hand warmers are very convenient for use on trips. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom