Sheila is pooping out her worms and acting lethargic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Well I just had a fecal done and we got rid of her parasites! Sadly since we've started her on the repti-worms she's not been digesting them correctly, full worms in poo, still acting fairly lethargic and still hasn't shed. Not sure what to do here so I figured I would post and ask for help. I know basking temperatures are the usual cause for this but it stays between 100-110 and she does sit there daily.
Adding a few pictures

I've also noticed her eye is a bit droopy? (read that this can be cause by dehydration and many other things)
sheilaeye.jpg

Her back still hasn't shed
sheilaback.jpg

I don't think her arm looks swollen but compared to some pictures it's made me wonder?
sheilaarm.jpg

P.S. Just ordered a new reptisun 10.0 because hers is roughly 6 months old, could this have been the issue you think?
P.P.S. She's also recently started to ignore her collard greens again, normally she would eat a bunch in the morning and then be fed crickets at night but since the switch to repti-worms she's been ignoring them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you feeding a couple of hours before bedtime & does she have adequate time to digest prior to bedtime?
Sometimes the worms come out undigested if they eat them too quickly oftentimes, they wont be digested & will tend to come out whole.
Is this the first time this has happened?
What else is she eating right now?

Tracie

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I always make sure she's fed at least 2 hours before bedtime and most times much earlier. This has been happening on and off, mostly on, since we started her back on the worms. At first I just though it had to do with her pinworms but those are gone now. She does tend to swallow them whole and doesn't chew them so maybe that's the problem? As for food right now she gets collard greens in the morning and the worms and fresh greens when I get home from work.

Should I switch back to crickets and see if she digests those any better? My guess is if she's not digesting she's lethargic because she's not getting nutrients? Any advice on where to go from here would be much appreciated.

Grogshla

Juvie Member
try to feed small crickets instead.
bump heat up to 110.
uvb 10 tube light 6-8 inches from the dragon
make sure dragon is warm before feeding and has a few hours to digest before switching lights off if feeding at night

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I finally found what I believe to be a better vet for poor little Sheila, only problem is it's about 40 minutes away. Anyone have any tips for the ride? I have an appointment on Wednesday and I'd like her to be as comfortable as possible there and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom