Sheila is acting strange again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Hello again, still having some troubles with my girl sheila. I'm thinking this time it may be too much calcium or maybe even dehydration even though she's getting a 20 minute bath every other day. What i'm worried about is that she isn't eating as much again and she's also only pooping maybe once a week and when she does it looks like this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The orange-ish end on the urates is what is bothering me and I've heard it can be either dehydration or calcium overdose. Any help or input would be appreciated.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Is the white part hard or soft? It doesn't really look discolored enough to be dehydration. Has she been checked for parasites? I read somewhere taht parasites can cause that weird membrane that is around the poo.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gail":17z7vnrz said:
Is the white part hard or soft? It doesn't really look discolored enough to be dehydration. Has she been checked for parasites? I read somewhere taht parasites can cause that weird membrane that is around the poo.
She's been checked for parasites numerous times in the past and did initially have some pinworms but those have since been taken care of (as far as i know, will probably take a fecal in this weekend to be sure though)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The urates look pretty normal actually. They are not always fully white & have a tinge to the end. It could just be excess uric acid excretion.
How much calcium do you give? Were the urates soft or hard?
How old is Sheila?

Tracie

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
How much calcium do you give?
I give calcium 3 times a week on her crickets.
Vitamins twice a week on her crickets.
Were the urates soft or hard?
Honestly I don't know i'll check next time, they looked like they were not hard though.
How old is Sheila?
She's over a year, probably getting closer to 2 now. She's not eating much at all but doesn't seem to be losing weight either as she's not going to the bathroom as much as well. She'll eat 0-3 large crickets a day as well as munch on some greens, it all just depends on the day lately.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I honestly think that she is just probably starting to slow down some, now that she is at least 1 year. This does happen when they become adults. They don't eat as much or need as much since they are not growing.
If she is still acting lethargic then I would recommend a vet visit to see if maybe she could be developing some infertile eggs.
I hope she is doing well today!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom