shedding question (with stats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masick

Everyone keeps telling me that it is normal for reptiles to be moody when they shed. My baby is shedding for third time (body this time, before it was tail and legs) and they defiantly seem moody to me. Our big boy (or girl, but I think he is a he lol) is finally got the junk off, but he really didn't want to bathe or be fussed with at all the whole time (today he got the junk off right after his bath). Just wondering if it is true that they are temperamental when they are shedding. I mean he didn't even eat as much as normal (and wouldn't eat to my knowledge without me hand feeding the spoiled guy). He ate well for dinner tonight, better than the last three days at least and I was wondering if its normal with shedding? Otherwise they both seem very happy and healthy. Thanks guys :)
Stats below:

How old is your dragon?
apx three months ? or so
How long have you had your dragon?
a month
How long is your dragon?
apx 9-10 inch (Id measure them but they are sleeping lol)
What is the sex of your dragon?
not sure yet
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
2 1/2 feet by 3 or so (cust tank)
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
faux stone linoleum with paper towels over pooping area lol
Do you use UVB lights?
yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
tube
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?

How old is your UVB bulb?
1 month
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
about 6-8 inches depending on the branch they are on
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb?
yes its a Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp i think its a 65 watt - white
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
broke the digital so we are using the temp backup dial one
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
highest spot on the basking stick
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
no
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
a mixture of mustard, collard and romain (breeder fed romain, trying to ween them off it). extras include pumpkin, carrots, squash and prickly pear
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
7am wake up time, fresh greens are put in and a few crickets each (i let them eat till they dont want any more, about 5-10 each). lunchtime is around 2-3 and they get more crickets (another 10 or so). dinner is around 530 and they get more crickets and fresh salad for the night.
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
yes calc with vit d dust once a day (morning) and a multi vit twice a week.
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
yes (grumbles lol)
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
two or three times a week, when shedding everyday
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
i tried offering a water bowel and they use it as a bathroom so i mist them and their veggies
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?
no- still saving money for vet

Masick

Original Poster
Ok thanks :) That takes a lot off my mind. In fact this morning he ate really well so I am glad that it is over.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
My baby gets soooooo grumpy when she's shedding. She's just finishing he shed and seems to have cheered up and has ate more today (like yours she'll only eat when hand fed if shedding). poor things

I've noticed that my beardie gets especially moody when she's shedding her back and tummy. I think it irritates her more, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mellzy
Top Bottom