shedding order

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
I'm new to bearded dragons, so I have a quick question about shedding order. Is there a specific order in which a dragon will shed? My dragon started with his tail, then front legs, then rear legs. I can only assume the main body will be next. Should I expect this shedding pattern each time? BTW, my dragon is just over 5 months old (got him 3 weeks ago)

thanks

Nimbus

I think every beardie is different but, at least with mine, their particular order is maintained each shed. My one does his head and front right leg only first, and then the rest of his body, legs, and tail later. My other one does tail first, then everything else shortly after. They've both followed their particular pattern through successive sheds so far.

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
My two young ones usually follow their same patterns each time...so far anyway. They shed in opposite order of each other. Drago starts with the tail and works up to the head. Sezja starts at the head and works down to the tail. Both are shedding right now and are downright grumpy. :evil:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
It is random to a pattern, if that makes sense lol
Typically it will start with the tail then the legs the the face and finally the torso but, it seems they like to throw a curve ball in there just for good measure. :wink:
In all actuality if you pay close attention the lips are usually first.. ? Well for my dragons anyways.

Easiest to say it is random. LOL :wink:

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies...
It appears that Argos will be shedding his head next, his head colors are starting to fade and he did an eye bulge thing that really freaked me out the other morning. I had to look up the eye bulge thing and I guess they do that to loosen the shed around the eye socket(at least that's what I read).

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
MrWhite":x24tqxcq said:
Thanks for the replies...
It appears that Argos will be shedding his head next, his head colors are starting to fade and he did an eye bulge thing that really freaked me out the other morning. I had to look up the eye bulge thing and I guess they do that to loosen the shed around the eye socket(at least that's what I read).
I remember when I seen that the first time too, it is one of the oddest looking things ever. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom