Shedding issues?! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaitlb95

Can anyone tell me why my bearded dragon’s new skin under her shed looks dull. This has been happening for the last few months every time she sheds. The new skin is like a dull patch. She’s also seems to have lost some of color over the last few months and isn’t as bright as she once was. Anyone know what’s causing any of this? Can I get her color back? These are 2 pictures of her shedding issue and her dulling color now compared to her pretty bright color a few months ago in the other 2 pictures.

I’m not sure how to post pictures to this forum so here’s a link with pictures I posted on another bearded dragon forum.

https://www.beardeddragonforum.com/threads/shedding-help.22173/

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, everything looks fine and she' actually very colorful. :) She may have been even brighter as a young, growing dragon but that's common. Some develop to be brighter, some color fades slightly. You do know to never pull the skin off though hopefully, that can damage the underlying layer and cause pain. But she looks great, nothing to worry about there. Her genetics dictate what color she will be of course diet, good lighting + care makes for a happy dragon that will show it's full potential. BTW, her morph is leatherback, I don't see any other traits. If you could get a hold of the breeder , ask about specifics of her parent dragon's genetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom