Shedding done, less active

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my guy just finished shedding, he finished yesterday. Today he has been very lazy, still eating but he is eatting less. Is this normal? It is my first beardie so I just want to make sure he is all good. Also his poop has been smelling a lot worse, I did mention this in another thread but it has contiunted. IT doesn't smell up my room just his cage. Honestly, I think he might be dehydrated from research, but before i drown him, I wanted to make sure. Just kidding !!! But before I do make him drink some water just wondering if it is a normal sign of shedding. Also it probably took him 7-14 days to actually shed this skin off, seemed like along time.
Thanks-

Beardie321

Original Poster
jstans84":2f65kcqo said:
Could be parasites, take a sample to the vet and get a fecal done.

I sent one to beardeddragon.co on Thursday as routine. Still haven't gotten back to me -_- I am getting upset.

Beardie321

Original Poster
Beardie321":1hl1d6e5 said:
jstans84":1hl1d6e5 said:
Could be parasites, take a sample to the vet and get a fecal done.

I sent one to beardeddragon.co on Thursday as routine. Still haven't gotten back to me -_- I am getting upset. He also isn't chasing his food like normally. He will only eat if I pretty much hand it too him.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Health]

Was the poop and urate soft in consistency or hard as a rock? If both were dry and the urate chalk-like, then that's dehydration.

At the very least, you should bathe your beardie every other day. If you don't have the time for that, you could try giving him oral fluids via eye dropper or syringe on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom