Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am wondering something, Geico and Emily are both in shed. Geico is miserable with the shed coming off and being so floppy..most of his shed is still firmly attached but, my question is, is it ok to trim the shed thats flopping so its not irritating them so much? I mean its just hanging there and as they walk it flops around and Im sure its not feeling well on their little bodies. I would only trim the larger pieices a bit without pulling or getting down to where its still firmly attached.

vampy

Juvie Member
The best way to deal with it is to put them in a warm bath up to their armpits or so, then gently splash water on their backs. After about 10 minutes a lot of skin will probably have come off already, and you can then gently scrub them with a toothbrush to get any remaining loose bits off. This helps get rid of the skin that is annoying them, and helps soften up the rest of the skin a little, making it easier for them to shed.

There's no reason you couldn't trim off the skin that's shedding, but bathing is so much easier, and it helps them feel better.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Both get warm baths several times a day for this but its the larger peices that are flapping around they cant get off yet...some has come off with the bath but not much..i just want to trim the flapping peices that hang in Geico's eyes irritating him.

vampy

Juvie Member
Ahh, fair enough, well in that case go for it, so long as you're careful he'll probably be a lot happier once he can actually see properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom