Shed Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
The last time my beardie shed was in July. She stopped growing at 18.5" and weighs 470-480 grams.
She was born in march and went into semi burmination that she came out of last week. She's back to ripping around and eating great. I didn't want her to burminate this year because of her age, but she had other ideas. She's bright eyed, alert and playful.
She's not as orange as she used to be. she gets baths, calcium, vitimins and her light/heating/temps are normal.
When should she shed next?

jharris08

Juvie Member
my adult dragons (once they have stopped growing) only shed once or twice per year, and unlike some snakes it doesnt seem like it correlates with a brumation/hibernation cycle in dragons...but maybe some other people have picked up on a pattern

HeatherSullivan

Hatchling Member
Ronzie":33sabv5i said:
The last time my beardie shed was in July. She stopped growing at 18.5" and weighs 470-480 grams.
She was born in march and went into semi burmination that she came out of last week. She's back to ripping around and eating great. I didn't want her to burminate this year because of her age, but she had other ideas. She's bright eyed, alert and playful.
She's not as orange as she used to be. she gets baths, calcium, vitimins and her light/heating/temps are normal.

Not sure of the shedding question, but as far as color fading and such...Do you have a Repti-Sun 10.0 uvb? Whens the last time you replaced your UVB?

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
HeatherSullivan":1riar2py said:
Ronzie":1riar2py said:

Not sure of the shedding question, but as far as color fading and such...Do you have a Repti-Sun 10.0 uvb? Whens the last time you replaced your UVB?

I'll only use repti-sun 10.0 uvb and changed it last May. So it's about 8 months. I have a new one in sitting here so maybe I'll change it today.

HeatherSullivan

Hatchling Member
Yeah I'd maybe try changing it and see if it makes a differance with in a month. Thats really the only thing I can think of. I'm sure others on here know much more about that stuff than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom