Shed hasn't come off in weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
So Lotus has been looking like she's going to shed her entire head, most of her tail, and a lot of her underbelly. It's been two weeks since the signs of a shed became apparent, but not a single scale has lifted off yet. It went from looking frosty white, to kind of translucent, to now looking like it's almost blending back into her skin. Her sheds have always taken a little longer than normal, but at this point I'm starting to worry. She gets several 15-20min soaks per week, plus we've been misting her too since this shed started. I know something like this may sometimes be indicative of illness, but she hasn't been acting any differently and her appetite is fine. The only thing that's changed recently is that I switched from a Powersun 160w to a Reptisun 10.0 plus basking bulb (her temps have been perfect - measured with infrared temp gun). Any ideas/suggestions...???

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This is a larger dragon, if I remember ? Don't worry, it always takes them longer to shed. I've seen every strange looking shed you could shake a stick at, they are 99.9% of the time harmless.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3bddqdv6 said:
This is a larger dragon, if I remember ? Don't worry, it always takes them longer to shed. I've seen every strange looking shed you could shake a stick at, they are 99.9% of the time harmless.

She's guesstimated (rescue) at about 2yrs old, she's 17.5" and 500g in weight. Thanks for your help yet again AHBD... any idea when I should start to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom