She won't eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Bandit is about to have me at my wits end. She went through a kind of "semi-brumation" state that she slept everyday for a week or two and since then her appetite dropped drastically. She's only about 7 months. She was 547 grams but now I'm quite confident she lost some weight. She plowed through food when she was on albon. Now if I'm lucky she'll eat 1 item a day. 1. Like yesterday I tempted her with one of my breeder bins dubia, a large adult, she ate it and ran away. Today, I opened my breeder bin again and pulled out a medium sized one and she ate it and took off. When I set her back down on a spot she stared at me, licked the second dubia and ran away. Then I offered her a superworm, which she rarely turned down and she just closed her eyes. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

She's gone a day or 2 without eating and I just brushed it off as a winter thing. Now, I'm getting concerned. She's not lethargic or dark. She hates her tank but she still basks and and sits on the highest parts of her branches and when she's out, she'll run around. She stopped pooping everyday as well or only does when it's bath time. Which again, didn't worry me too much because of how little she eats and when she does it's still healthy looking for the most part.

I tried hornworms, she loved them for like 2 weeks and stopped looking at them. She didn't like silk worms too much and she was okay with butters. She stopped looking at Phoenix worms and my 500 cup was given to my boyfriend for his reptiles so it didn't go to waste. I have a dubia colony that is now self sustaining and I buy the occasional supers from petsmart. She won't touch greens still, maybe if I'm lucky I'd get her to nibble on 1 dandelion leaf. It's like she's bored of her food. I just don't know what to do with her right now.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
hello. c:

i actually think that 7 months old shouldn't be really brumating.

though i have the same problem with my 2 year old. he won't eat anything. and it isn't because parasites. (had a fecal test done and it came back negative)

he slept for a good 2 weeks. of course bathed him each week to keep him hydrated. though he didn't eat anything.
his tail is quite fat though (i think they store their fat there) and he didn't seem to loose any weight.

i will be giving him some boiled chicken tomorow though.
he didn't eat ANY vegetables or fruits since last year. which worries me. i can't get him to eat those. tried with his favourite mealworms but he refused to eat those.

i'd say you could try giving her boiled chicken trough a syringe.
my dragon gets quite active in summer though. so it might be because of winter.

but i really think that more experienced people could help you further. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom