She only poops during bath time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchaspel

For the past several months, my beardie only goes to the bathroom when I bathe her in the sink. She never goes in her cage. From a cleaning standpoint this is ideal, but I'm worried it may be a sign of something wrong. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hot dang what I would give to have my dragons only poo in the tub! :mrgreen:

No its nothing to be worried about. There is just something about bath time that makes dragons poo. :D

-Brandon

Mirrorakay

Hatchling Member
Zeke started doing this as well and he's as healthy as can be. It really does help keep the tank sparkly clean, doesn't it?

Jchaspel

Original Poster
It is wonderful for her tank hygiene!

Question: how often should I bathe her? I've been doing it once a week, but now that it is linked to her pooping I'm wondering if that's often enough. She seems ok, but once a week seems like a long time to wait!

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
i stick mine in the tub everyday for 5-10 mins to get her to poo there instead of tank. I'll soak her longer on odd days to make sure she stays hydrated. Much prefer that than dealin with poo in the tank!

draco1985

My beardy also only poops in the bath. She used to do it in her tank but hasnt for a while now. Was glad to see this post as i was also concerned.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Well, think about it logically - if you poop in running water, the poop washes away. There's no sign that the beardie was ever there... so big horrible things are less likely to find and eat you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom