She is refusing to eat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyy guys!
I have a question...my beardie is a female, and 7 months old. She used to love eating her fruit, but now, has simply refused. She wont take a nibble. It has been like this for abotu 2 weeks now, and she wont eat her fruit, and tries to run away.

Do you have any suggestions how to get her to eat it?! I tried hand feeding and leaving it for her but it was untouched...

Kaiser

Juvie Member
Bearded dragons can be pretty picky at times, and I know there are some that really need a change in variety every now and then. Perhaps it's time to look up the list of suitable fruits for bearded dragons and pick a new one to try out?

If not, the only thing I can think of is to mix it with some other fruit, vegetable, or protein that would interest your bearded dragon, and hopefully, she'd pick up some of the fruit in the process of eating the other mixed foodstuffs. Or maybe try blending the fruit into a slurry and then putting some drops on her snout to see if she'll lick it up.

Otherwise, is she eating her other food alright? I can understand if it's frustrating, but bearded dragons don't really need to eat too much fruits and vegetables when they are that age (though it doesn't hurt if they do, and it's always good to develop the habit early), so I'd just keep offering or try getting a different type of fruit, so long as she's getting her protein for now.

Cocopops248

Original Poster
I chop up a whole variety of fruit an veg: strawberries, blueberries, apple, carrot, Bol Chou, celery, squash and tomatoes. It is really small little prices that she can it, kind of like mush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom