SHE DIED :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy2

Hatchling Member
I'm so sorry for your loss.. I am glad that you and reptar are doing well though, and that you decided to come back to visit! :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
TASTIGER":261gba4r said:
TASTIGER":261gba4r said:
im sorry for your loss...
You didnt have anyone that could have fed her?

I hope you dont feel like i was being rude.. but the way you stated it sounded like you left her and she died.
Im so sorry that your grandma didnt give her enough food.

That's how I felt, too. I've never had any moderator warning on any forum, and I'm not the kind of person who just heartlessly jumps on people. This forum has been extremely difficult to read lately and a lot of good members have left because of it. There have been one after the other of people who post stories that seem almost unbelievable in sadness and many trolls who try very hard to upset people. Even just in the last few weeks there have been people who just don't care for their animals and want to come on here and say their beardie died or is dying and...oh well, too bad. It's gotten to the point where I don't know what to think or what to believe.

I guess this was the thread that told me that I need to take a step back and leave. It hurts me to hurt another person's feelings, and I honestly didn't read anything good out of the original post. I just saw someone who didn't care about their pet, I was wrong, and I am sorry. I don't want to turn into a terrible person with a black heart. </3

Reptar101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know I shouldn't have freaked out, it was just making me sad.
And she was bad from the start, I knew she wouldn't live long. I really didn't want to leave, and I told my Grandma how much to feed her, but she got confused. Again sorry for yelling at you guys, I know that you were worried that I had just killed her. I would never think of doing that.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Reptar101":22wdg4j1 said:
I know I shouldn't have freaked out, it was just making me sad.
And she was bad from the start, I knew she wouldn't live long. I really didn't want to leave, and I told my Grandma how much to feed her, but she got confused. Again sorry for yelling at you guys, I know that you were worried that I had just killed her. I would never think of doing that.

It's hard to tell any more, with some of the people who come on here. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. :(

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Reptar101":viles6mp said:
PudgysMom":viles6mp said:
As long as YOU'RE okay... :shock:
Wow I think that was THE rudest thing Ive heard.... :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Reptar you have to see it also from our point of veiw from what you said it sounded ike you left on vacation and they didnt get food so she died. We are not psychic we didnt know that your grandma was there feeding them.
Give us a break we have had to deal with ALOT of trolls latly that like to push buttons and say that they are hurting their dragon just to get us to react
We are a very passionate group that loves their dragons and we hate to see them abused

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
When i read the first post my reaction was "what?"

but the follow up response would have been questions like "who was watching her while you were away?"

anyone who attacks a person here without gathering all the information or asking questions needs to stop posting immediately. it really makes you sound like an unintelligent 12 year old. granted some of you may be 12, please learn from this and always do research before forming an opinion.

Reptar i am really sorry about Puff, and i am sure there is some self-blame going on there. i know i would beat myself up if anything happened to my babies. this community is supposed to be for support and i am sorry some people didn't give that.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
bunnyrut":204gi1lz said:
When i read the first post my reaction was "what?"

but the follow up response would have been questions like "who was watching her while you were away?"

anyone who attacks a person here without gathering all the information or asking questions needs to stop posting immediately. it really makes you sound like an unintelligent 12 year old. granted some of you may be 12, please learn from this and always do research before forming an opinion.

Reptar i am really sorry about Puff, and i am sure there is some self-blame going on there. i know i would beat myself up if anything happened to my babies. this community is supposed to be for support and i am sorry some people didn't give that.

One of the parts of my post that was deleted was me asking if Reptar101 was a child or an adult so we would know how to proceed, and I also wanted to know what happened, since he didn't give us any information, just that she died from not being fed. I never attacked him, I didn't call him names, either.

His thread from 2010 is just a few pages long, and he said that he kept them together in the same tank, male and female. A few members came on and advised that he separate them, and he didn't want to separate them. So I did research, and I asked some basic questions. After he answered and gave the 'Grandma didn't feed them' information, then people came on with sympathy. It's really easy to come into a thread later, after all the facts are laid out, and call us earlier posters out, but had you been here and read the very first post you may have been as shocked as the rest of us and your response may have been different.

I don't normally come onto this forum and call people out, and I feel that I try very hard to be helpful and positive, but it appeared that we had someone who never cared to separate his dragon back in 2010, and then a very short 'she died' and I can't help but ask the questions that I asked in my deleted post. I tried to gather information and I wasn't trying to be unkind.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I can understand your confusion, Shannon, don't let that little bit affect you staying on our forum, I just love keeping up with all your critters, especially Papa Smurf & now Rocky. So please stay, at least we now know the background of Puff & what really happened.
Deb

Reptar101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I had separated them a few moths after that, they weren't together for long. It wasn't that which killed her, she had been sick before, and with the bad feeding that eventually did it. And about my age, I'm 13 years old, ok? So please stoP thinking you knOw the whole story.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
sweetiepie9":2quasavs said:
I can understand your confusion, Shannon, don't let that little bit affect you staying on our forum, I just love keeping up with all your critters, especially Papa Smurf & now Rocky. So please stay, at least we now know the background of Puff & what really happened.
Deb

Awwww thanks :oops: It really made me feel bad that my comments were taken badly and were seen as being hurtful. But, I do know sometimes my tone can be very clinical and matter-of-fact, and it can be taken the wrong way.

Reptar101":2quasavs said:
I had separated them a few moths after that, they weren't together for long. It wasn't that which killed her, she had been sick before, and with the bad feeding that eventually did it. And about my age, I'm 13 years old, ok? So please stoP thinking you knOw the whole story.

Well, when you are 13 years old there are things in your life that are outside of your control. :( I'm glad you have forgiven your Grandma.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Reptar101":3bv2617i said:
Now who is being rude? what did you expect to happen when you post no information just a statment saying you left and she died.
We dont know the whole story we were just going off of what you gave us

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
We were just going off of what you gave us im not going to argue with you anymore..I understand that you Grandma got confused and that you had no controle over what happend, What im trying to get at is read what you wrote before you post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom