Shaking the back end ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whozconphuzzed

My 3 year old male keeps shaking his back end and burying his face into the ground while shaking violently, from the hips back. As trying to make a bowl movement, in some instances his bowels drag on the ground while he is trying to sheet, he then drag his entrails over the ground till I see it and throw him in some lukewarm water, away from the abrasive, sand, ouch. he did at first swallow alot of walnut, bedding till. I removed it, and gave him an enema, force hydration, and feeding he has passed, most of the walnut, which was impeding him alot, and his two internal fat stores are nice, and plump. My ? is why is he shaking like that and straining so hard, it looks painful for the lil guy, any body got any idea's. I have a good bulb, space, and diet, no parasites, or external issues like that, 55 gallon cage inside, house with lots of external exercise, push ups and sit up for the beardees, just kidding. So can anyone help me so I don't have to go to the vet again, for a 55.$ doller talk again?

missnikki

I have heard and seen many horror stories about using sand. i am sure you have too but this sounds like it could be caused by impaction that your bearded dragon has. Could of ate a lot of sand and now cannot poop becuase of it. i would try giving it a bath as often as you can and maybe go get some squash baby food and feed him that out of a needleless syringe. mine just lick it off of thier noses once they know what it is. some of my dragons actually attack the syringe. i would try doing these and maybe that will help the guy poop. when is the last poop that he had???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom