Shaking his head after I give him food on the tweezer

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
A few times when I give my bearded dragon greens or crickets on a tweezer, after he eats it, he shakes his head. He has been doing it with the first food I feed him if I feed him a few things in a row. Normally, he shakes his head when I do something annoying. Or something is on him like water. There is purée on the greens, but nothing on the crickets. He has purée on his face. I’m wondering if he is trying to get that off. Does anyone know what this could mean?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
A few times when I give my bearded dragon greens or crickets on a tweezer, after he eats it, he shakes his head. He has been doing it with the first food I feed him if I feed him a few things in a row. Normally, he shakes his head when I do something annoying. Or something is on him like water. There is purée on the greens, but nothing on the crickets. He has purée on his face. I’m wondering if he is trying to get that off. Does anyone know what this could mean?
Could you attach a video when he does it again? Also, in which direction is he shaking his head (up and down or side to side)?

Flagging some others:
@Drache613
@AHBD
@KarrieRee

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
It is not fast. He does a few jerks off his head. Like he’s trying to shake something off. When he does it when I spray him his eyes close. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do it randomly

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
It looks exactly like he does when I spray him sometimes. He has been doing tit when I spray him for a very long time. He closes his eyes and looks like he is annoyed. It looks like he is trying to shake something off as well. He doesn’t do it all the time. I’ve only seen it a couple to a few times. Not for many days either.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I got a video. He normally might do it a couple more times before he stops. It is quite new. He haven’t been feeling good, but I went to the vet and I don’t think this would be related. I know when he dosent feel good he tends to get annoyed with me much easier.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I got a video. He normally might do it a couple more times before he stops. It is quite new. He haven’t been feeling good, but I went to the vet and I don’t think this would be related. I know when he dosent feel good he tends to get annoyed with me much easier.
What did you feed him?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I got a video. He normally might do it a couple more times before he stops. It is quite new. He haven’t been feeling good, but I went to the vet and I don’t think this would be related. I know when he dosent feel good he tends to get annoyed with me much
What did you feed him?
It was a cricket. But he might have done it with a green with purée. Although now I’m not too sure. I do know he gets very annoyed with the purée on his face. He gets it all over his face when I hand him a green like that. He dosent do it every time I give him a cricket. Only the first cricket after awhile without me handing him food.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It was a cricket. But he might have done it with a green with purée. Although now I’m not too sure. I do know he gets very annoyed with the purée on his face. He gets it all over his face when I hand him a green like that. He dosent do it every time I give him a cricket. Only the first cricket after awhile without me handing him food.
Will he eat greens on his own?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom