Shaking Beardie??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just sitting here and all of the sudden Ozzy starts shaking his whole head and body back and forth VERY QUICKLY and he did it for a few seconds then stopped then started up again. He did it a few times and it honestly looked like how you would imagine a person having a seizure looks. It scared me!! He's stopped now, but I've never seen him do that before! He hit his head on the ground a couple of times... he just molted a few days ago is it possible he's just trying to get left-over dead skin off? D: btw he's about 4 months old

ozzybabe77

Original Poster
download__13_.jpg

i have a 100w heat lamp on the right above his rock and a reptisun 10.0 UVB on the left

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you using the Reptisun 10 compact/coil light?
If so, the Reptisun 10 tube bulb is the better choice as the compact/coil light are hazardous & do not emit the correct wavelength of UVB.
You can mount the tube bulb below the screen with 3M Command hooks so he can be within 6-8 inches of the bulb for maximum exposure.
How often do you give calcium supplementation for him?

Tracie

ozzybabe77

Original Poster
yes it is a compact bulb and I've actually just bought a tube light but unfortunately I cant find a way to be able to use both that and the basking light... :? i was considering getting a hood which can hold fluorescent, iridescent, as well as a night heat bulb but I am worried that it may not be able to reach a high enough temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom